17 - The Gift Of Time

Beneath the great oak tree, Kira and Drev promised themselves to each other beneath the stars one night.

"You are my wife, my life," he whispered, pulling her close to keep her warm on that cool night. "And may we walk the same path and share its joys and tears until the last of our years."

"Impressive," she said with a smirk.

"You didn't think a savage could be so poetic, did you?"

"You're not a savage to me, Drev."

"Not unless you want me to be, later tonight," he growled, brushing his lips against her neck.

"Drev?"

"Hmm?"

"I want you to know that I will always be at your side, even if it means turning against the whole world and all I've ever known. It takes courage and sacrifice to love, I know that now. I know what it takes to be with the one I love."

"Good," he answered before lifting her off her feet. He carried her from there to the house on the hill, which by now was almost ready with all the work they'd put in over the past few months. To be fair, they had had bits of help along the way - from Mother occasionally bringing food to Marko and some of the villagers donating tools and materials.

Kira could already see a future in this home - one with children and grandchildren. Maybe with time, others would come to live here and make the village their home too. Maybe one day, it would see some life again.

Of course, there would always be the threat of the tribe coming to make trouble for them, but she wasn't about to let fear stop her from living the life she wanted. As it was, she and Drev had already achieved something they had before thought impossible. They had found freedom and happiness away from the tribe.

The two of them tumbled onto the bed, holding onto one another and sharing a gaze. For a long moment, there were no words between them, only touch as he ran his fingers over her cheek and along the shape of her lips. He kissed her, slowly, softly, saying everything he needed to in that moment.

After he pulled back, Kira smiled at him as she joked, "Is it time for me to do my 'wifely duties' now?"

"You've been doing your wifely duties plenty well all this time. Honestly, some nights, you really tire me out, Kira."

"I'm sorry. It's just that I find you so hard to resist especially after watching you work and build all day."

"I always thought I was the wild one, but it seems I was wrong."

"How about instead of teasing me, you start making yourself useful?"

"Yes, Ma'am," he answered, lifting her skirts and kissing between her legs. Kira felt her body tense immediately, a delicious heat spreading through her. She had to remind herself to breathe as he worked her with his tongue, and soon, with a curious finger as well.

It didn't take long for her to come; he was a quick learner and in their time together, he had picked up a thing or two on what she liked best and just how she liked it. Then, of course, it was her turn as she took him in her mouth, feeling him swell even harder against her tongue.

"Kira," he said suddenly, right before she tasted it, wet and slightly salty down her throat.

Kira pulled back, smiling as she waited for him to catch his breath. Then, he pinned her down, pushing up her legs and helping himself to her. And she loved every moment of his fervent thrusting, his sighs in her ear making her feel like she might very well hit the brink once again.

Yet, they both knew there was no real need to rush. For each other, they had the rest of the night, they had the rest of their lives.

The End