Violet Williams

Violet sat at the filthy bus stop, her legs up to keep the ants away. She made sure that her skirt was positioned just right, so no one could see her underwear. Her stop was empty aside from her as it usually was this time of morning. She shuffled her feet impatiently, her sky blue converses getting blotched with rainwater from last night’s storm. She fanned herself with her hand, where was Cinnamon?

A girl approached, her crazy red hair done up in a frizzy ponytail. She seemed excited about something and sped down the hill in ten seconds flat. Her face was red and beaded with sweat as if she had ran seven blocks which she probably had considering that is how far her house is from the bus stop. Violet and Cinnamon had been best friends since kindergarten since they were the only two that took this bus. They both lived in a small empty village. Most of the houses were either empty or occupied by older people who had lived here when they were young. Both Violet and Cinnamon’s grandparents were these type of people.  More people were going to beachside for holidays leaving the village empty and desolate.

“Haaaappy Biiirthdaay! Cinnamon jumped to and fro, and dropped a poorly wrapped present in Violet’s lap. As I said, it was loose and it unravelled immediately. It was a statue of a Violet Alicorn rearing up with its head held high and proud. Violet loved it. She had always had a fascination with all sorts of magical creatures particularly unicorns and pegasi but nothing compared to alicorns. Her birthday wish every year was to have one of her very own. Cinnamon’s presents were usually something mythological. Violet was actually wearing the dragon ring from last year. Even now Violet would still run her finger along the beautiful piece of art and wonder what Cinnamon had to pay to acquire it. Every time she asked Cinnamon would answer “Friends are worth more than all the money in the world.” Violet could understand this, to a degree but she wouldn’t overdo it. Cinnamon however was the most generous, not to mention hypo person she had ever met and would probably sell everything she owned to help a friend in need.

Cinnamon smiled as she saw her friend look at the present. She jumped around Violet and squealed “I’m just so excited about tonight, we can play monopoly and watch movies ohhh... and eat condensed milk on rice crackers!” Violet gagged; on a camping trip she had dared Cinnamon to eat the combination of condensed milk and rice crackers, since then it had became a tradition.

Violet replied “And we can...” Violet dropped off mid sentence and brought her hand to her upper forehead, her teeth gritted with her trying to cope with the pain. Cinnamon immediately stopped bouncing. “You alright?” She asked showing a look of concern towards her friend. Fortunately the pain disappeared just as quickly as it came. Violet smiled and dropped her hand off her face.

The tiny bus rounded the corner before stopping in front of them. The girls climbed in. The bus driver wished Violet a happy birthday. “Thanks Mr Wilkinson” She replied smiling. The bus trip to school was long, about an hour and a half and this was without any other stops. There used to be a school inside the village but for a time there were no students so it closed, now standing empty as well. Most people would think this to be depressing, living in a dead town but the girls grew up with this. Besides it was their home.

Violet and Cinnamon sighed looking sadly at the gates. Violet had her hand on her head again but Cinnamon hadn’t noticed. Winwood High was an ordinary school. Just dull, plain buildings and several teachers that mostly had no idea what they were teaching.  What really were bad were the students. More specifically, two students.

Violet took a big breath and walked in with Cinnamon trailing behind her, her crazy hair not as wild as usual and a dark expression on her face. Georgia and Rose were sitting at their usual spot. They were even less popular than Violet and Cinnamon but it didn’t stop them from being nasty. “Hey! Cinnamon and Vile.”

As usual they ignored them and also as usual the harsh bell rang as soon as they arrived. Cinnamon had sensitive ears so this annoyed her. She hated that she couldn’t go to discos or fully enjoy them because of her ears. This was really irritating because she loved music.

The teacher was young and had only just started teaching. She was nice enough but she would spend too much time helping one person who didn’t need her help and watching for any mistake like a hawk. Sometimes Violet thinks she likes to see people fail. Her temper is unbearable as well.

That day Ms Jenks was bearable. Aside from seating Cinnamon and Violet with Georgia and Rose. Violet fidgeted with her pencil sharpener glumly, Cinnamon looked no happier. With a gasp of pain Violet brought her hand to her head again. “What? Is fidgeting too complicated for you?” Georgia laughed at her friends comment, her dark features and wide frame that was so similar to Rose shaking from the giggling. However Cinnamon saw something was wrong “Violet...” Violet’s face drained of colour and she passed out. All the class looked worried even Georgia and Rose.

“Cinnamon and Harry” Ms Jenks asked “Can you carry Violet to the sick room?”

Cinnamon giggled, if only Violet was awake right now she would faint all over again. Violet had a crush on Harry since year 2. Cinnamon actually thought he was quite shallow, caring more about popularity than friendship but even she had to admit he was quite cute.

They picked up Violet. Cinnamon wasn’t very strong but held onto her friend. Harry had no problem; he played soccer, quite well too so was quite fit. Which was quite ironic seeing Violet was allergic to most sports except hockey which both Violet and Cinnamon adored and often played at the park near Violet’s house. Their hockey sticks were purple.  Violet even wanted to go ice skating to learn how to play ice hockey for her birthday but the nearest centre was 3 hours away. A sleepover was way better anyway in Cinnamon’s opinion.

Harry and Cinnamon set Violet down in sick bay and explained to situation to the nurse before heading back to class. Cinnamon was worried though, Violet was in pain and she didn’t like her friends to be in pain. What was wrong with her? Cinnamon sighed remembering Violet’s expression before she passed out. She really wanted to give her friend an amazing birthday but it was clear she wouldn’t get the chance.

Hey guys, I am working on length and details at the moment please tell me if this is getting better. Also please tell if you want an update.

By PrincessLuna13

I don't own My Little Pony: friendship is magic