Magic Lessons

With the strain of teleporting resting quickly on her body, Violet crumpled to the floor in a large heap. Cinnamon, worried about her friend checked that she was alright and lifted Violet into her bed. She wasn’t strong but thankfully Violet had always been light just like her. They were the midgets of their school.

Cinnamon sat on her wooden floor. Her room was not very breathtaking with plain with plain white furniture and a pale yellow paint on the walls. She was appreciative though, she knew her grandparents were struggling with money; her grandfather even had to go back to work as a primary school teacher to make ends meet. Cinnamon wished it hadn’t happened. She flinched as she recalled the events that physically only caused her a gash on her forehead but made a huge impact on her life.

Allowing a single tear to stream down her left cheek she got up from where she was sitting on the now warm timber floor. Violet had started to snore softly, her horn expelling sparks each time she breathed out. Cinnamon hoped that the sparks weren’t the type that caused fires. That would be bad.

She used her hand to try to tame her frizzy hair, not because she believed it would work but she was in the habit of doing so. She started to recollect the day she had just lived. It raised many questions. Why did Violet have a horn and why had Violet’s mother reacted in such a different way after being hit with the purple bolt. Was it magic? Cinnamon had no answer for any of these. Frustrated, she once again sunk to the floor. She searched her light up sticker stars for an answer but they stayed unmoving on her ceiling.

After laying there for several minutes she realised her grandparents didn’t know she was home and were bound to go to Violet’s house. Cinnamon had no idea whether Violet’s mother had calmed down and didn’t want her family to be subjected to the seemingly unintentional rage.

Cinnamon opened her door and entered the kitchen where her grandparents were sitting, her grandma reading the paper and her grandpa working on a Sudoku. “I’m home” She bounced. Cinnamon didn’t know why she was cheerful all the time. Maybe she was hiding the pain or maybe she was just crazy.

Her grandparents had never been the same since she had come to live with them. Cinnamon understood that she was a spitting image of her mother and could see why they were upset but still didn’t like it. Her grandmother asked if Violet was here. “Yes but she’s taking a nap because we were playing… hockey! She wore herself out.” With that she slipped up to her room.

Violet was just started to stir when she heard a slam. She snapped open her eyes and lit up her horn ready to defend herself. “Violet?”

The girl in question, startled, shot out a purple bolt which Cinnamon only just managed to dodge. The bolt scorched the place it landed, leaving Cinnamon to wonder what it would have done to her. What if that was the real cause of spontaneous human combustion? People randomly growing horns and killing themselves with magic. Violet had then realised who it was and wasted no time apologising.

“Seriously Violet, I’m fine.” Cinnamon reassured her wary and still tired friend. “You really need to get your magic under control, follow my lead.”

In an over the top manner she swished her head and chanted “Wingaardiam leviosa!” Nothing happened of course. Violet then swished her head, copying her friend. Cinnamon’s teddy bear turned into a flowerpot before exploding into thousands of tiny pieces. “No, no definitely not.” Cinnamon exclaimed in her best Olivander voice. Both girls erupted into fits of laughter. After such a stressful day they couldn’t control themselves. Cinnamon they sat on the bed still laughing.  Then she saw it.

“Violet can I see your back?” Cinnamon asked. Violet was confused at such a question but let her. Five feathers poked out of Violet’s back identical to the one on the bed. Cinnamon touched them and could feel little bumps under two spots. The felt like bones.

“Cinnamon, stop it that tickles!” Violet giggled. Cinnamon took in what she was seeing. It looked like Violet was growing wings. “Uh…Violet?” Cinnamon was unsure how to break the news to her friend.

Sorry for the long wait. I will update more often now. I have a good idea for the story.

-PrincessLuna13

I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is magic