VII. Behind You!

SEVEN. Behind You!

—————————————————————

               ALANA AVOIDED JUST about everyone after the incident.

               Raven avoided her just the same. Awkward glances and feigned busyness concluded the extent of their relationship. Alana was hurt, but too proud to admit it; Raven was wrong but too proud to admit it. So the two stayed silent. It was killing Alana, but she was the last person to ever cave. She wasn't going to apologize when she did nothing wrong and she wasn't about to beg for it.

               Their common ground was Finn, but Alana seemed to be the only one still upset about his secret affair with Clarke. Raven never brought it up, but Alana knew she knew. Raven was glued to Finn's side, never leaving him for a minute. It worked in Alana's favor, allowing her to sleep alone in her and Raven's shared tent while Raven stayed with Finn in his.

               Once her head hit the pillow, Alana was out for the rest of the night. She had all the intention of sleeping in, but Clarke had other plans. She held no remorse as she woke the brunette up.

               "What?" Alana snapped, sitting up from the makeshift bed. Her hands went to her mouth as a yawn passed her lips.

              Clarke stood there, seeming to have been awake for a while. She eyed Alana, then turned and left the tent. On the way out, she said, "Don't ask questions, just follow me."

              Alana quickly stood, following the blonde out. "Is it Finn? Is he okay?" At the lack of response, she felt herself growing frustrated. She stopped in her tracks to hopefully gain her attention, an unintentional stomp coming from her foot with her fists clenched. "Clarke!"

               Clarke eyed Alana with a raised eyebrow that made Alana feel like a little kid throwing a tantrum. "Finn is fine," she answered simply after a beat.

               The simple answer was enough to ease Alanas nerves, but it didn't stop her curiosity. "Then what is this about?" She asked, a little less willing to follow Clarke like a lost puppy.

               Clarke didn't respond again but instead continued for the Drop Ship. Alana took a deep breath. "Okay, you don't get to just wake me up from the first hours of sleep I've gotten on this stupid planet and—"

"Bellamy!" Clarke called out the moment the two of them entered the Drop Ship.

               "The answer is still no. I'm not talking to Jaha," Bellamy cut her off before she even got to finish her sentence, impatience lining his words at Clarke's relentless insistence. He moved to pass her, but she stopped him.

               "Hey, relax," she soothed. "That's not why I'm here," she informed.

               "What then?" Bellamy snapped, still frustrated with his previous conversation with Octavia regarding the situation with the grounder.

               "The Ark found some old records that show a supplied deposit not too far from here," Clarke stated.

               Bellamy thought for a moment before entertaining it. "What kind of supplies?"