Town of Misery

Victoria's Point of View

"Care! We have to leave or else we are gonna be late! Hurry up!" I yelled at Caroline. Seriously, that girl took hours in the bathroom. If I didn't get out of bed early, I swear I would miss my first class. Urg! What the hell is she doing? Constructing the bathroom.

"Care! I'm gonna take the car and leave if you don't get out in two minutes, and you will have to walk to school, especially since it's too late to call anybody to pick you up, "I yelled, frustrated as usual.

"Gosh! You are so dramatic. We will be fine. Plus, with the way you drive, we will get there in a few minutes. You seriously need to calm down, or you'll age faster, "Caroline laughed after finally getting out of the bathroom.

I narrowed my eyes at her and ran to the car, getting into the driver's seat while care got into the passenger seat.

"Seriously, Care! What the hell do you do in the bathroom for so long? You spent close to 2 hours in there and you look no different than usual. I mean, I expect that with the amount of time you spent inside the bathroom, you'd look a little more... You know better than this, "I say, making a disgusted face while moving my hand in front of her face. Care slapped my hand, annoyed with what I said. I laughed as I turned to the police station "I would guess you found a secret chamber or went on an adventure to the mystical land of Narnia," I laughed as I turned to the police station. Mom had asked me to drop something on my way to school.

"Wait, why are we here? Aren't we getting late for school?" Caroline asked, confused.

"Mom asked me to drop something. This is why I was trying to get you out of the house faster." I got out of the car and ran to the station.

Mom was on the phone. I went into her office and waved at her after placing the bag on her desk. She smiled at me and said, "I love you," which I returned with a smile and ran back to the car. For the past couple of days, there have been bodies found drained of blood or ripped apart near the woods. Apparently, it was some kind of animal that was attacking the locals, which is why Mom had been stuck at the station for a couple of days.

As I got back on the road, Caroline spoke up, "Did you talk to Jeremy?"

"No, I tried talking to him but after what he said last time, I really don't want anything to do with him. I don't want to talk about it further so, new topic, "

"What dress are you going to wear at the bonfire tomorrow? I was thinking you could wear that white dress or the blue one. It will look so amazing on your tanned skin. " Said Care

"I'm just gonna wear my red t-shirt with my jeans. Plus, I won't have time to get ready. I have a class after school today and tomorrow, which reminds me, would you be able to get a ride with Bonnie or Elena?" I said

"What class?" She asked

"Uh-cooking class," I couldn't tell her the truth because she would go mad if she found out the truth, or worse, tell mom, and mom would put me in a mental health asylum.

"Right, I believe that," Care said sarcastically. "I have cheer practice after school today and Bonnie and Elena are not coming to practice, so I need the car." She said.

"Oh okay!" I said as I parked the car in the school parking lot. "How is Elena doing?" Elena and Jeremy's parents passed away due to a car accident a year ago. Grayson and Miranda were the sweetest couples. They were always there for us and for them. When Dad and mom were going through their divorce, Care and I were really shocked and affected by it, but Miranda helped comfort us. When they died, it affected all of us too. "I don't know." She replied.

I got out of the car, gave Care the keys, and walked into the school. On the first day of school for this year, I hope that this year will get interesting.