Chapter 18 - I Always Feel Like...

Sebastian went into the house quietly, still early for the house to be up. He heard Jules crying but downstairs in the den. He walked in on Chris cradling his daughter, singing softly to her. Chris looked up and grinned when he saw Sebastian. "I heard you get up and then Jules started to cry. Can you take her?"

"Sure man." He cradled Julia, whispering to her, "Hey Luminita, are we not sleepy?"

"Luminita?" Chris looked at him.

"It means little light. I figured since all my girls have a nickname, this one needs her own too."

"That's sweet man. How come SJ doesn't have one?"

"He's 'little man'". Sebastian shrugged. "So, tell me again why you needed me to hold your daughter? Not that I'm complaining but yeah."

"I wanted to try something to see if I can get her to sleep. Come sit on the bench with me." Chris gestured to the piano. Sebastian sat down carefully, making sure Julia was secured. Chris cleared his throat. "This didn't work with SJ but maybe she'll be different." He started to play softly and then started to sing.

And you can tell everybody
This is your song
It may be quite simple, but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

Chris continued to play and he and Sebastian started to sing the together.

So excuse me forgetting
But these things I do
You see I've forgotten, if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is, what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've seen

And you can tell everybody
This is your song
It may be quite simple, but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

Sebastian watched as little Julia's yawned with a big 'o' and then closed her eyes. He nudged Chris who smiled, took her from Sebastian and put her down in her bassinet.

They walked over to the couch so they could talk a bit louder. "I guess your kid liked your singing, Chris."

"I guess so. That felt amazing." Chris smiled and stretched. He finally got a good look at Sebastian and could see the stress in his eyes. "Everything ok Seb?"

"Not really, I just didn't want to interrupt the moment." Sebastian leaned his head back on the couch and sighed. He didn't move, just reached in and pulled the note out and handed it to Chris. "I don't know what to do."

Chris looked at the note and frowned. "When did you get this?"

"I found it on the porch this morning as I was coming in from the run."

"Any idea who 'J' is?"

"No clue. Do you think this connects with the bullshit Katie is going through?"

"I dunno. Are you going to tell her?"

"I don't think so." Chris gave Sebastian a look. "I know man, I get it but she is under enough stress. She's going to meet with the lawyer in a couple of days about the email spam thing. Hopefully it's enough to stop the investigation on her and find out who is setting her up."

"I hope so. What concerns me is who knows that you are here in the first place?"

"Yeah, that was the other reason why I don't want to tell the girls. If they find out about this they will freak."