Chapter 6 - Reacquainted*

TW: mentions of abuse

Over the next several weeks, Kat and Sebastian met and hung out together. Kat was happy to have her old friend again, enjoying the view as much as possible. She had assumed with his growing career that he would have changed as well. But she was wrong; he was sweeter than she remembered. Her main problem was keeping all of the meet ups from Mikey. She knew he was a jealous guy but she was more nervous about the reaction he would have to it.

Chris was known to have a temper and in the beginning, it was just a snap or a shout. Over time, Chris became more aggressive with Kat. Anytime he deemed that Kat was out of line, or flirted with someone else in his eyes, he made sure that Kat was punished. Kat always wore a cardigan or her lab coat to cover the bruises on her arm. The rest were easily covered by her clothes. He always avoids hitting her in face, for which she was grateful for, but that didn't stop him from taking advantage of her.

One dinner, Seb and Kat met for Italian food; their love of pasta shared since the beginning. "So how did you meet Pratt?" Sebastian asked, slurping up a long noodle.

"I met him during a charity event for Christopher's Haven."

"Wait, you are a part of Christopher's Haven?"

Kat smiled. "Yeah, I was part of the organizing committee before I joined the board last year."

"You're on the board?" Sebastian stared at her with a slightly open mouth.

"Yes. Why do you look so surprised?"

"Because Chris and I were at a meet and greet a few months ago." Sebastian chuckled. "We were supposed to say hello to a board member but..."

"She had to leave on an emergency," Kat finished. She took a sip of her wine. "I though only Chris was there. If I had known you were there too, I would have made more of an effort."

"It's ok frumoasa. You are an important woman; I know that you would have said hello."

"You are so understanding Seb." Kat longed for someone like him.

"Always for you Kat." The look that Sebastian gave Kat left her blushing.

A couple of days later, Kat was in an exam room, finishing up some paperwork when her phone pinged.

CB: Frumoasa, I need your help

PF: What did you do now?

CB: Nothing. I swear. I have a bet with Mackie

PF: Nothing good can come from this Carter

CB: Pisi, please?

PF: What is it?

CB: Anthony doesn't believe that you exist.

PF: You're texting me right now

CB: He says that you're a bot.

PF: Why does he think that

CB: Because he's never met you

PF: LOL tell him he can injure himself and then I can meet him

CB: Seriously, frumoasa, come meet us for a cup of coffee

CB: Please?

Kat rolled her eyes, not because Sebastian was begging but because she didn't know how to get away from Mikey to do it. And then it came to her.

PF: are you sure Anthony isn't hurt?

CB: I could hurt him if you want me to

PF: No, don't. But he's my excuse to go down to the stage