Chapter 14 - What Kind of Day Has It Been?

TW: some topics discussed in this chapter maybe sensitive to some readers. A reminder that this story is fiction. Reader discretion is advised.

"Mikey."

"Hey beautiful, its nice to see you again. As well as you, Mrs. Evans." Pratt walks over to Kat, the gun in his hand.

Kat took a step back. "What do you want? What are you even doing here?"

"I'm taking you back Kathy. I know you didn't mean it when you broke it off. I couldn't come to you sooner but I'm here now."

All Kat could think was that the man in front of her was a complete psycho. She glanced at Savannah, who looked in shock.

"Alright Kathy, time to pack your things. Mrs. Evans, please join us upstairs." Pratt points the gun at Savannah, prompting her to move. She reaches Kat, who instinctively pushes Savannah behind her.

"Mikey, please just let Savannah go. She's pregnant."

"No, you both will stay with me until we leave. Now move."

Kat made Savannah go first; she didn't want Pratt to get close to Savannah. They got to Kat and Sebastian's bedroom. It was obvious that they were in the same room together. "Really Kathryn, sleeping with another man. You are a whore, aren't you?"

"We are not together anymore Mikey. Remember, you attacked my friends and I took out a restraining order."

Pratt looks at Kat with malice. "I know you only did that to appease Evans and Stan. But I know the real you. I know you love it when I take charge." He takes a step towards Kat and she and Savannah take a step back. "Now start packing your things, Kathy. We need to leave before they get back."

Kat took Savannah with her as she went to pack her things. She quickly pulled the phone from her back pocket and called Sebastian. She slipped it back into her pocket and started to grab things.

"What are you doing?" Savannah whispered.

"I'm making sure you are ok. He won't hurt me in front of anyone so just stay behind me," Kat whispered back.

"Hey no talking. Just get your shit and get the fuck out here."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sebastian answered his phone on instinct. He could hear rustling and looked at the caller ID. It was Kat. "Hello?"

He could hear noises but no words. "Chris? What does this sound like to you?"

Chris could hear the noise and opened his mouth until he heard his wife's voice 'What are you doing?'

'I'm making sure you are ok. He won't hurt me in front of anyone so just stay behind me,' they heard Kat say. It was like the air was sucked out of the car. Chris and Seb had twin looks of horror. Chris picked up his phone and called the police. "Hello? Yes, I need to report a break in and possible hostage situation at my home.... No, I'm not there but I have a phone line open to my wife and sister-in-law.... No, my wife is pregnant, and my sister is saying someone won't hurt them right now... Please, we have a restraining order against someone and I'm afraid he broke into my home.... Yes, I'll stay on the line."

Chris looked at Sebastian, "They are sending someone to the house."

Sebastian closed his eyes. He only thought of his sister and his love. Please God don't let anything happen to them.

Chris raced to the highway, and they can hear the police dispatch advising that officers are on the way.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*