Chapter 19

Zorion Point of View

It was absolutely breathtaking.

The ambiance was light and exciting. It was filled with warmth in the air and cool breeze, a perfect time to take a stroll around.

I've always been an important guest in balls by the rich but never in a festive market. There are no vehicles on the road, only the food courts and stalls that sell several antique goods.

There are small colorful light bulbs along the road on either side in four lines. The street lights are not lit but instead, there are different colored led bulbs every ten steps. At the middle of the street where all the Almond lanes connect is where the orchestra is doing their busking.

Quince Almond said, there are five bands of amazing street buskers whose music is amazing yet, they were never given a chance to proceed further into the industry. He said one of the members of a certain band is Bosc Almond's junior from the same university so, junior's band along with the bands they are acquainted with are invited for the whole night.

The feelings I've been experiencing from the time she gifted me those pets to this very moment?

A plethora of emotions, fighting to overpower one another!

"Come on here, Human sculpture, let's shoot those balloons." Meow pulled me along to the place where several stuff are lined up on either side of the stall while the centre is left empty to stand and shoot.

"You want me to win stuffed toys for you? Alright then."

"I'm not into stuffed toys. The fur makes me sneeze nonstop. Win me the vintage pocket watch over there." She said, her eyes glittering brightly as she eyed the pocket watch with deep interest.

Ah, so she likes classic stuff!

"Good choice, ma'am. The pocket watch is one of the twelve that were produced in the very first batch. It used to be Duke of Devonshire's, who was known as emblem of valor in those times, treasure." Does this shopkeeper thinks I'm a fool or was he fool to make up such unbelievable story.

Duke of Devonshire's pocket watch? Selling on the streets? As a takeaway for a shooting spree?

Meow held the pocket watch in here hand and studied it for a moment before giving it to me to do the same.

I had no interest in fake stuff but just to not let her down, I took and gave it a brief glance up and down. I was about the put it down uninterested when something caught my eyes.

The emblem and the initials embedded on the inside of the watch. It was the authentic Devonshire emblem with the Duke's initials. If it wasn't for the unique font and craft style, I would've passed it for a knockoff.

This is the real one?

The one and only pocket watch of the great Duke of Devonshire?

How the hell did they get their hands on such a treasure?

"How did you get your hands on such precious stuff?" I exclaimed, giving the watch a details study.

Damn! This is a true treasure!

"I've been a dealer dealing with the museum collections and the precious vintage objects from forty years. Eight years ago, I even received an award from the royals. The old lady of the Almond family is my aunt so when they asked to bring some good collection for this festival night, I couldn't refuse."

"Aren't these worth millions and billions, sold on auctions?" I spoke as I hurried went through the other collection.

All of them are true fortune of the kingdom; some even belonged to other kingdoms from way past.