«« Chapter 9 »»

Hey Guys!!!!

The ninth chapter of the story.

Happy Reading!!

◤----------------------------------------------------------◥

Epilogue

"Dad!" A young girl's voice called. Bringing Karan out of his musings.

"Yes, Ansi. What is it?" Karan asks as he sighs getting up from where he was seated on his stupid grey couch.

"Dad! Can we go to look at Sindoor Khela?" Anshika asks her father. "Please dad! I will take Aniket bhai with me."

"No." Karan says firmly as he turns to look at the window trying to stop flashbacks, that were threatening to return before his eyes.

"But-"

"No. Even Kabir bhai won't let Aniket go." Karan cuts Anishka off.

"This is not fair, dad!" Anishka shrieks as she storms out of the room.
"And I am going!" She says on an after note.

Instantly, Karan runs out and is standing in front of the door. "If I said no, it is because of a reason Ms. Anishka Anika Rajbanshi, you are not going step out of the room, today!"

Anishka froze in the living room, she had never in 18 years of her life seen her dad so angry.
Hearing Karan's voice the whole family came there.

"What happened, putta?" (dear child) Mrs. Rajbanshi, Anishka's daadi asks Anishka.

"Dadi, I want to go to see Sindoor Khela!" Anishka whine's.
A hard look covers Mrs. Rajbnshi's face.

"If Karan is saying, no. Then let it be so." she replies, her tone hard and reserved.

"What problem do you guys have with this day?" Aniket questions.
Seeing that his father, his uncle and Grand mother, all of their aura had changed on mention of 'Sindoor Khela' and it was not the first time, he noted it.

"Say Mom, what problem is there?" Aniket questions, turning to his mother.
His mother Neha, just looks away.

What could Neha do? She herself was not aware of the strange reaction her husband and brother- in- law had on mention of this day.