Chapter 5

IM SORRY THAT I HAVENT BEEN POSTING. My mom recently got told that she might have cancer so I haven't been the best lately. Updates might be a little slow for now I'm sorry. I hope you understand </3

Hu Taos POV:

I was by the gate waiting for Venti (as usual) when I stopped he was walking with someone. 'XIAO!?' After the HUGEE text conversation I had this morning and finding out Venti might have a crush on the new kid I decided to tease him. Aiya im such a good friend!

"Ya-hoo!" I pleaded happily. "Oh!- Hi Hu Tao" then he stopped. I'm pretty sure he knew what I was gonna do. Xiao just looked at him then me. "HelloOo Xiao~" i said with a huge evil smirk on my face. Venti looked so MAD IT WAS SO FUNNY. "Xiao wanna know a secret-" "NO NO HAHA LETS GO XIAO!" Venti grabbed Xiao's hand and ran off. Xiao looked back at me confused. I just smirked at him and pointed to their hands. He flushed when he realized.

Ventis POV:

THAT WAS CLOSE. Wait why am I so concerned about it. It's not like I like Xiao. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care. WAIT WHAT IF I DO LIKE HIM?! I JUST MET HIM YESTERDAY- My thoughts were interrupted by Xiaos voice. "Um Venti..Can you stop gripping onto my hand? You're hurting me a bit." He said calmly. Oh I forgot I was holding...I WAS HOLDING HIS HAND- "oh! I'm so sorry Xiao! I was in my thoughts...I'm sorry again." I said with a nervous laugh while letting go of his hand. It was surprisingly soft..

He brushed it off. "It's fine no need to apologize so much." He said looking at me with a tint of pink on his silky skin. We stared at each other. His eyes. Those eyes always drove me nuts! Their so pretty... golden eyes like a dragon. I accidentally looked down at his lips.

"OH UH-" I said snapping back into reality. He also turned away. We both were red. So very red.

"I'm sorry.." I said in a whisper. He hesitated to look at me. "I already told you," finally facing me. "It's fine." He said. Suddenly I see two boys walking towards us. Crap.. I think to myself. "I'm sorry Xiao but I gotta go! BYE!" I ran with a worried expression on my face. "HEY FAG GET BACK HERE HAHAHA" they laughed.

I ran and ran and ran. Till I couldn't feel my legs. But my legs weren't fast enough. They had caught up to me. They pulled my hair and looked at me with pity. "Wow you even scream like a girl! HAHA!" They laughed. I wanted to cry. Suddenly I kicked them. You know where. My braids were untied. I looked at them with horror. "You little shit." One of the guys said sternly. "Quit it assholes." They stopped as they kicked me in the stomach.

'Zhongli..?' I was wrong. It wasn't him. It was Kazuha? And Aether. I stared at them. Kazuha was well known for standing up for people and having pretty good fighting skills. So obviously they backed off. They spit at my face before they left.

"Venti!" Aether ran towards me with a worried face. I was bleeding from my nose. God I was a mess. "Oh hey guys!" I said with a nervous laugh. They just stared at me while they helped me up. "Venti are you okay?" Kazuha asked me while he walked towards Aether. "Yeah!" I said with a fake smile plastered on my face. "We should get you to the nurse.." Aether claimed. "No no it's okay!-" "Venti." A stern voice echoed behind me. Fucking hell.. it was Zhongli and Xiao. Zhongli looked pissed. Fuck.

"Oh h-hi Zhongli!" I stated. "We'll look at the time I better get" but before I could finish my sentence. Zhongli slapped me but then hugged me. "Why didn't you tell me.." he sighed. "You're like a little kid Venti. I constantly have to look out for you." He said while he used his sleeve to clean my bloody nose. I teared up. The spot where Zhongli slapped me stinted.

"I'm sorry for slapping you.." he said while looking at my face making sure he didn't slap me to hard. I laughed. Xiao stayed quite. Looking at me with a bit of sadness and angry ness. Guess I deserved it.

They all walked me to the nurse making sure I was okay. She suggested I stayed home for the day since I got beaten up pretty badly. I refused but Zhongli insisted Id go home. I didn't want to make him upset than he already was so I did. "Venti." Xiao spoke. "Hm?" I hummed looking behind me. "I'll text you later to make sure your alright. And to text you the stuff you missed.." he said shyly looking down. Which I thought was pretty cute. "Ehe, thank you Xiao Xiao.." I said with a smug face and a little laugh. He looked at me with annoyance. I started to walk home.

Zhonglis POV:

God Venti is an idiot. I thought to myself as I walked with Xiao. Xiao looked at me. I obviously noticed but pretended I didn't. He then opened his mouth. "Does this always happen to that braided idiot..?" He said with a bit of annoyance in his voice. I looked down and I took a deep breath. "No...this is the first time I've actually seen them hit him." I said not making eye contact. He hummed. "He should learn how to fight." He said with a chuckle. "They you should probably teach him. I know you know how to fight. At least I've seen you do it when we were younger." I said with a laugh. He looked at me angrily.

"No way I'm teaching him." He said. I simply smiled. They're both going to get along nicely. I thought to myself as we walked through the halls.

1014 WORDS WOOHOO!