Chapter 16

(Y'all I'm actually getting motivated to keep reading instead of being gone for like a month😅 anyways next week I go back to school so updates will be slow again :( anyway we are almost finished! I've been planning to ATLEAST finish the book at chapter 20 or 25 since I wanna work on the other book I was writing. So stay tuned!)

No one's pov

After that conversation with Aether, Xiao and him headed to the lunch room to see a nervous Venti. Both of them were pretty confused and were about to ask him what was wrong until Venti saw Xiao. His face quickly formed a smile in which Aether saw. But he didn't bring It up .

"Xiao! You've been gone for so long! Lunch is already almost over." He laughed. Xiao walked over to the table with Aether following close behind him. "My bad I was talking to Zhongli." He looked at Ventis lunch tray and noticed it was empty. Xingqiu noticed and spoke out. "He said he wouldn't eat until you came here." He pointed his finger to Venti and began to laugh non stop.

Xiao, being Xiao not realizing Ventis flustered face looked at him. "Well I'm not very hungry so you can go." Venti looked at Xiao then looked at the trays of food they had in the cafeteria. "Mmm oh! Chongyun do they have apple pie today?" Venti turned around and looked over. Chongyun was to busy talking to Bennett until he realized they were talking to him. "Oh uh no not today...although they do have Almond Tofu-" with that Xiao quickly got up and walked over to the food stand.

Everyone laughed. "He wont eat anything unless you say Almond Tofu." Hu Tao giggled. "So Venti~" Keaya said in a teasing voice. "How's the plan going with you confessing to Xiao~" Suddenly everyone had their attention towards Venti. Even Razor and he had no clue what was going on. "Oh uh-" "He's to dense to realize Ventis the *secert admirer*" Aether quoted. "Oh yeah? How do you know!" Lumine joined in. "Because he literally asked me if I was the one who liked him- actually he said *Are you in love with me*" Everyone began to laugh non stop.

Venti shocked and disappointed in Xiao, started to put his head down. "Why does he have to be so dense." Venti whispered under his breath. In which Ei heard. "How did you fall for him!" Ei started to laugh. "I don't know! It's always been his eyes I guess- like they are so pretty and everytime he stares at me I feel my stomach do a flip." Venti went on and on about how Xiao made him feel.

'God he's deeply in love'  everyone thought. And it was true. Little things like Xiao messaging him or Xiao saying good morning to him before anyone else made his heart skip a beat. Though they did not notice they both loved each other. They must be to blind to realize that, in which everyone gets irritated by that since it's so obvious.

Eventually Xiao finally came back with his tray of Almond Tofu since there was a long line. But he only had 2 minutes to eat all of it. He took it as a challenge and tried to eat everything in one sitting but alas he had a stomach ache. "See!" Venti whined at Xiao while helping him to the nurse. "I told you, you couldn't but no! Now I'm going to be alone in Anemo class!" He knew he wasn't alone. He had Kazuha and the twins. Even sayu, and sucrose but he just wanted Xiao. "Okay I get it...just hurry up because I think I'm about to throw up."

Poor Xiao Venti thought to himself. 'But he never listens to me! It's so irritating.' His mind kept going off about Xiao until they made it to the nurses office. Venti opened the door and let Xiao in. "Barbara! I need help please!" Venti called for her. Barbara although she was a student, she was the assistant for the nurse or she was the nurse when kokomi wasn't around. "Oh yes?" A girl with beautiful blonde hair tied into pigtails came around the corner. "My friend has a stomach ache." He said.

Venti helped Xiao sit down on a stool while he talked to Barbara about what happened. Then he took his leave.

———————————

Ventis pov

I was ruffly around 2 minutes late for class. I'm probably going to get scolded by Miss Jean for being late. Once I got to the door, I waited a bit. I was a little nervous about being yelled at but eventually I sucked up the courage to go in. Miss Jean was already teaching something until she had to stop. God everyone was looking at me. "Venti why are you late? And where is Xiao." She put down the marker and crossed her arms. "I'm sorry miss...Xiao got sick and I had to take him to the nurse...I'm sorry again." I bowed down and apologized.

I could hear a soft soothing sigh coming from her lips. "It's alright just go take a seat." "Yes ma'am." I walked over to my seat and passed by Kazuha. Suddenly he whispered something. "Went to go save your boyfriend huh~" he teased. God he's an asshole when he feels like it. Which is pretty much almost all the time. I sat down at my seat and listened to the lecture carefully. It's going to be a long day.

———————————
Hu Taos pov
(We get to see how the Pyro class is now 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩)

As I sat in my seat, thinking about other pranks to pull on people. I heard some girls chatting behind me about a certain someone.

"Oh I don't know if I should try to ask him out. What if he rejects me?!" Some girl whispered pretty loudly. "Venti wouldn't do that...I think. I mean he is also interested in guys so don't try getting your hopes up Jū." Another replied. "Wow that was so helpful Tōii." The other giggled.

Hmm someone's asking out Venti? "When would I tell him?" Jū asked. The other girl was thinking which later on I found out her name was Tōii. "Maybe after school today? Or during lunch tomorrow like by the rooftop. No one will be around there, so it'll make a perfect spot!" She honestly looked proud at herself. "That's a good idea!" Jū replied.

Eventually they kept talking about this to almost the whole class. I'm which I kinda wanted to burst her bubble by saying Venti liked someone already, but I'll just leave that to Venti himself. "Alright everyone quit talking let's get on with this lesson. Today you'll be learning how not to burn yourself for the millionth time....Bennett." Mr Diluc announced to the whole class. Although that last part was pretty hard to hear. But some Students heard it and laughed. Including yours truly.

Bennett had a little pink tint of his face, probably because he heard what he said and got embarrassed. Poor Bennett and his bad luck.

I didn't pay attention at all. I just had my eyes on someone I had fond of. "Yanfei please put your book down and listen to my lecture." Diluc was already at her desk. Although she did put her book away she just simply looked out the window. Aiya she's pretty.

Some Yanfei x Hu Tao for y'all😘 sorry I forgot their ship name :,) maybe now Hu Tao will understand how hard it is to confess your love to someone😒 Also the girls that were talking about Venti are some NPCs I made idk. The girl who likes him is Jū and her friend is Tōii 🤸‍♀️