Destinies

Briar barged her way through the crowd, receiving plenty of annoyed glares. She was at the point of almost running now. She grabbed the handle of the Headmasters office door and yanked on it. As soon as the door had been opened she rushed inside and grabbed Apple, embracing her in a hug.
"Briar, you can let go now." Apple winced as Briar put pressure on her many cut and scratches.
"Ooh, sorry!" apologised Briar as she immediately let go. "I was so worried about you Apple. What happened?"
"It's a long story. But I did get something." Apple produced their storybook key.
"You got it!" Briar squealed.
"Now we just have to open the book." Apple picked up the storybook but Briar stopped her.
"Wait Apple. As soon as you unlock that, you'll be transported into your story. It's going to be a really longtime until we get to see you. So before you go I'll organise a farewell party!"
"That's a great idea Briar!" Apple's voice was filled with excitement. "But what if you end up going into your story? What then?"
"I won't let that happen Apple. I promise I won't."
"Okay." Apple wasn't so sure how Briar could stop her destiny but it wasn't the time to argue.
"C'mon we have a party to plan!" Briar raced off to get things started. Apple smiled sadly. She really was going to miss her best friend.

"Apple! I'm so glad you're alright." Ashlynn squeezed her friend tightly.
"Were you able to get it?" asked Dexter hopefully. Apple nodded and Dexter felt a wave of relief. As her friends chatted away Apple turned away. How as she going to tell them?
"Everything okay Apple?" Ashlynn asked. Apple knew there was no point in lying. They would find out sooner or later.
"You see I was talking to Headmaster Grimm," Apple nervously began. "And well, there's something that we overlooked. When Raven and I start our story, all of your stories will start too."
"WHAT!" everyone cried instantaneously. Apple smiled nervously. She knew this was going to happen.
"So we all have to follow our destinies if we want Raven to wake up?" Ashlynn glanced at Hunter. She didn't want to loose him.
"So we all start our stories earlier then planed. Big deal." Cerise shrugged it off. "If it's for Raven, I'm in."
"Me too." Maddie agreed.
"I don't see why not." Cedar joined in. Slowly everyone had agreed except for Hunter, Ashlynn and Briar.
"You're all going to give your destinies away just like that!" Briar yelled at her friends. "I'm sorry Apple, I'll support whatever you choose but this time you've asked too much of me." Briar walked off before she could say something she regretted.
"I think Hunter and I'll talk about. Sorry Apple."
"No, it's alright. It's a big deal and I think Briar's right. I'm asking for too much!"

Ashlynn and Hunter sat at the base of the True Hearts tree.
"Hunter, I don't really know what to do. Raven's a great friend and everyone seems to really want her back but..." Ashlynn started but was cut off by Hunter.
"I love you." Hunter bent down and kissed Ashlynn, she happily went along. As he did Hunter retrieved a small bottle containing purple dust at of his pocket. He quickly broke the kiss and threw the dust on top of Ashlynn and himself. There eyes met for a moment.
"I'm sorry!" Hunter yelled to Ashlynn before the dust fell on them.

Briar heard a knock on her dorm door before Ashlynn entered.
"Hey Ash, what's in your hair?" Briar had quickly spotted the purple sparkles adorning Ashlynn's hair.
"I have no idea. It kinda popped out of nowhere."
"Huh! So are you going to let Apple unlock the book?" asked Briar
"Yeah, why not?" Ashlynn simply shrugged.
"So Hunter was okay with it?"
"Why would it have to be okay with Hunter? He doesn't control me!" Ashlynn looked straight at Briar, a confused look on her face.
"I know that, but what about your relationship?" Ashlynn burst out laughing.
"Relationship!? That's a good one Briar. Imagine me dating a rebel." Ashlynn chuckled to herself as she headed out the door, leaving Briar dumbfounded.