Chapter 4

The day drags on forever and I hardly see Ryan at all after seeing him in the morning. Butter follows me sulky, assuming from her xxBoy is standing her up. I can't see why anyone would do that. I mean, she's a god damn pain in my ass but she's pretty amazing. 

"You need to come shopping with me Myer, I need to find a dress for the formal!" Butter informs me. Formal. The last event of my schooling life. In like 5 months. I wonder if Ryan would go with me?

"Yeah, sure, whatever."

She groans, "Come on, stop acting like a knob, you were my friend first!"

"What?"

"All you've done all day is look at the clock! I'm excited too but jeez!"

The bell goes and I look at her apologetically, "Its just-"

"I know, go, its fine. I'll talk to you tonight," she smiles at me and walks off.

I smile and head to the gate. Ryan is already leaning against it. He smiles at me like I'm all there is in the world and my cheeks get heated.

"Hey hottie."

Even more blushing! "Hey.... Ryan."

We get into his car and he takes me to the mall.

As we enter the building, my heart races. I can't believe I'm actually here. With my dream guy.

Ryan and my hands both dangle side by side. A second later, I feel a hand meeting mine. I blush in excitement and shock. I know he must be interested in me too or we wouldn't be here but Its still so unreal.

"Breathe," I hear, followed by a laugh.

I realise I have a crease in my forehead from though and my lips are closed together tightly. I instantly release my tension and join in on his laugh.

"Sorry, its just, uh, I really like you."

"I really like you too Demian."

"No but, this is a big deal for me."

"You don't think its a big deal for me? Maybe this was mistake."

My eyes open widely, "Oh god, its not, I'm sorry! Its just, to be honest, I've liked you for a really long time and... well.. Its hard to believe you're here... with me..."

"I've liked you for a very long time too. I'm glad I can spend time with you. Stop thinking you're not worth my time or I'm better than you. You're fucking perfect. Stop putting down on yourself. I can be pretty on the fence about a lot of things and seem un-fazed but I care more than you can imagine, I just don't like showing it. I get hurt too easily. So if it seems I'm not just as happy to be here with you, its not true."

I smile and squeeze his hand, "Thank you."

"No, thank you," he smiles back.

Comment, Vote and Fan for a new chapter! Sorry its short!