Chapter 19

Previously

We sit in silence except for Keefe's heart monitor and my crying for a good 10 minutes. The quietness of the room is eerie. I decide that I should turn around to see how Keefe is doing. I turn in his lap to face him and see him staring off in the distance, occasionally blinking. "Keefe?" . . . No response. "Keefe." . . . Still no reply. "Keefe!" I say starting to freak out.

No One's POV:

Sophie gets off his lap and stands next to his bed. She tries to get Keefe's attention to snap him out of whatever trance he is in. After a few tries, she presses the call button that calls the nurses to his room. Keefe's usual nurse that takes care of him comes into his room and walks over in her direction. "What can we help you with?" She asks. "Livvy, help. I don't know what happened," Sophie says freaking out. Tears dripping down her face. "I can't lose him again. I can't. I can't. I can't!" 

Livvy guides Sophie over to the armchair and sits her down in it. Meanwhile, Sophie just keeps repeating "I can't. I can't." over and over. Her brain wouldn't let her process information at the moment. She didn't want to go through the thought of possibly losing Keefe all over again. It is what sent her into her mental breakdown.

Once Livvy has Sophie set up in the chair in a way that she'd be comfortable, she walks over to Keefe to check things out.

~Half an hour later~

Sophie finally snaps out of her trance to see all her friends surrounding her. "What are you guys doing here?" Biana is the first to respond. "Dr. Elwin called us once they figured out that you went into a mental breakdown." "How are you feeling now?" Dex asks. "Fine." At that moment Dr. Elwin and Livvy walk into the room. "Can we talk with Miss Foster alone?" he asks. They all then get up and leave the room. As Biana passes, she squeezes her hand. Linh, give Sophie a hug. And Marella just pats her shoulder.

Once they all leave, Sophie walks over to them. "So what happened?" "You went into a mental breakdown. We think it was caused by the fact that you thought you could be losing Mr. Sencen." "What about Keefe?" she asks wondering how he is. "Do you remember the last thing that you told him?" "Yeah, I do. He kept asking how long he was in a coma, so I told him." "That would do it," he says under his breath towards Livvy. "Well, Mr. Sencen went into shock. He wasn't able to comprehend the information you told him." "Is that a bad thing?" "Not necessarily, but that doesn't mean that it could not be a bad thing. But, you don't have to worry about it. We suspect that he will be out of that state in a few hours, but he will end up sleeping when he does come out of that state." "Thanks." "No problem. It's our job after all. Now go get some rest you need it."

Sophie walks back over to the chair, sits down in it, and gets comfortable. Dr. Elwin and Livvy start walking out the door before he stops and says, "Now remember when he does wake up,  don't mention major things to him like how long he was in his coma." "Okay." They then continue walking out. Sophie tries to sleep, but she is too worried to sleep. Eventually, she does dose off.

a/n: sorry about this chapter being short it took me a while to come up with an idea to write. I don't know when my next chapter is going to come out. Also please don't forget to write any questions you have for me in the comments below.

Until then

denkis.sibling✨⚡