Book Seven: ridiculous reaction

Hey, do leave a vote before you start reading, this chapter is kind of long. 4,762 word count, excluding the important A/N at the end. Do read it. Enjoy!

Rominic's viewpoint

Don't react.

Don't scare her away yet.

Keep your hands to yourself.

Keep your eyes down.

   Phineas' words echoed in my head over and over again. I wanted to smack his head for telling me what to do, but I knew that he was only trying to help. I still needed to pretend like I didn't know her evil intentions, but that didn't mean I would do what he says. I would be ashamed of me if I don't use everything I've got to get her to at least talk to me. I knew how to, but I wasn't sure she would fall for it.

   I purposely avoided her, but it was time to face her. "Nicky, buddy," I rolled my eyes with a groan. He chuckled before throwing himself on the chair. "I brought your wife..."

   "She is not my wife,"

   "I am not his wife," we said at the same time. My lips spoke before I reasoned it. I bit down on my lower lip, shouldn't have said that. She scoffed and looked away. I used to always get her mad because she was cutest when mad. She would always pout her lips while sucking the bottom one, eyes twinkling with emotions that made it look like a sea of stars, even if she was genuinely angry.

   "You wanted to see her," Phineas reminded me, snapping his fingers stylishly, so she won't notice I was staring. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and leaned back on the chair.

   "See that?" I said, inclining my head to pile of paperwork, "that's your job,"

   "What!" She screamed, eyes flying wide with horror. She always hated paperwork.

   "Paperwork is the end of humanity and should be illegal or an anti-paperwork squad should be made. When I become president in my next life, I'll end the life of every paper!" She would always yell after battling with any. Never did I comment on how stupid it was and how foolish she was, the one time I commented, I ended up with a black eye.

God, she can be very violent at times.

   "You have to be joking, you can't make me do all of that! I'll die before I finish the first paper!" She screamed.

   "Miss Amherst, you are screaming in my office, stop screaming,"

   "And why should I stop? You are obviously trying to suffer me," she cried.

   "Because I'm your boss and you have to do everything I say?" I offered, not fighting the urge to smirk. She glared murderously at me, causing me to chuckle, "aren't I?"

   "Yes, Mr. Verlice," she said through gritted teeth, "I'll get right on it. But don't blame me if I do rubbish,"

   "Ten percent will be deducted out of your salary," I blunted.

   "Excuse me," she said crossly, "I didn't ask for this job, you gave it to me,"

   "But," I placed my chin over my entwined fingers and lopsided my smirk, "you need the money to buy everything you want, Miss Amherst. You don't have a husband, you don't have a boyfriend, you don't have any means to provide for yourself, except if you ask your children's father for money..."

   "Over my obese body," she growled, "I rather walk the streets naked than ask him for money. I can easily get any job here,"

   "Oh yeah?" I leaned back on the chair and swayed it a little, "go ahead then, you are fired."