Sports

(I found this cute picture of Connor, and had to write a story about it.)

This is basically a day in the life of Hank and Connor, after the successful revolution. Now androids are treated as humans. It has been about two years since then.
——————————————————

"You couldn't put anything else on?" Hank asked, annoyed. He was never the biggest sports fan. He usually watched crime shows or even old cartoons sometimes. But never sports.

"I have been doing some research, and I have found that most masculine males have an interest in sports." Connor explained, trying to get interested in this football game as his research told him he should.

"I mean look at me. And I don't like sports. You don't need to conform to societies standards." Hank sighed, unintentionally saying some very inspiring words. All of which did not phase the android.

"You're hardly masculine." Connor rebutted, a playful smirk on his face.

"What are you talking about?! I have a beard and I'm musculy." Hank desperately tried to defend.

"'You shouldn't conform to societies standards of masculinity.'" Connor mocked, mimicking Hanks words of wisdom earlier to rub salt into his wounds.

"Wow, you're one smart ass aren't you?"

"Are you harassing me for my body, Hank? That's so repulsing. No women will find that attractive."

"Then it's a good thing you do." Hank replied, not bothering to deny the harassment allegation, as he knew it would get him nowhere.

"It is a good thing. No one else would find such a stumbling idiot as attractive I do." Connor chuckled, finding this back and forth bickering amusing. Especially since he was always one step ahead of Hank.

"You said my clumsiness was cute." Hank defended. "You can't go back on past words after you've already said it."

"It is. But I doubt anyone else will agree with me." Connor stared at Hank lovingly, right before he was about to tear into him. "A Lieutenant that specializes in criminal android affairs, that can't even solve his latest case. What an unfortunate combination."

"I'll have you know, that case has so little to go on, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done by a ghost." Hank was now properly annoyed. "And plus, It's not like you can dig up anything more than I can."

"I still have all of my on-site DNA testing and crime scene analysis programs, you know? Even if they aren't being updated by Cyberlife." Connor informed. "I haven't even been to the crime scene yet, Hank."

"Yeah, about that, why weren't you there yesterday?" Hank asked, his annoyance now anger.

"I was doing research." Connor replied simply.

"About what?"

"Sports."

"You prioritized football over a dead body?" Hank asked, tilting his head slightly.

"...maybe." Connor said, a little ashamed. Now he felt bad about not assisting his partner.

Hank stood there in silence for a few seconds before bursting into laughter.
"You are something else, Connor." He said, trying to catch his breath.
Hank sighed happily as he sat back down in his recliner and watched Connor dive back into the football game on television.

Started- Oct. 11/21
Finished- Oct. 12/21
Word Count- 532