Blemishes

(Sorry these stories have been really short.)

"Hank? Are you here?" Connor asked, opening the front door to their shared home.

"Yeah, I'm in here." Hank replied, his voice coming from the living room.

Connor walked steadily over into the next room. He was nervous and a bit upset. He didn't like how it turned out, or that it even happened in the first place.

"Hank?" He asked shyly, looking at the ground in shame and embarrassment.

"Yeah..." Hank looked up from his book to reply to Connor, only to stop in his tracks. "Connor, why do you look like that?"

"Yeah, I know." Connor shuffled embarrassingly. "It's my new upgrade. I'm supposed to look more human with all these deformities."

"They're not deformities, Connor. They're beautiful." Hank said, still a little awestruck.
He stood up from where he was seated and walked over to the android. Hank stood in front of him and grabbed his arms lightly, as if he was holding his hands. He ran his fingers over his freckles and moles gently.

"You don't need to pity me. You can just say that they look weird." Connor assured, weary of the soft touches Hank was making.

"Stop saying that, Connor." Hank demanded, not taking his eyes off of his body. "They look amazing."

"But there is just so many of them." Connor replied, pulling his arms away from Hank out of shame. "I didn't want them to do this. I liked the way I looked before."

"I'm glad, but you can't change what's already done. You have to come to terms with this." Hank insisted. He grabbed one of Connors hands and kissed his palm lightly.

Connor became a little flustered.
"What will others think? Surely my upgrade is unconventional at the least."

"Maybe, but that just makes you more unique."

"I'm not supposed to be unique, Hank." Connor argued.

"Well, us humans relish that." Hank said smugly.

"And you think I'm a human?"

"Yes. Yes I do." Hank sighed, "You may have biocomponents and junk, but you still have human emotions."

"I don't know, Hank... I just don't like the way it looks."

"Well, I love it." Hank ruffled Connors hair lightly.

"Ok."

Started- Oct. 4/21
Finished- Oct. 6/21
Word Count- 378