Chapter 23: Past Comes Back

((I'm sorry if the last couple chapters sucked! I had writers block for a bit, but it's all cleared up now! So chapters will be improving a lot!! Thank you for 19K reads. That mean so much, like you wouldn't believe it!))

It wasn't until Louis woke up screaming, where he found himself in the safety of his bedroom. Cold sweat dripped down his white, clammy face as he looked around to see all the familiar knickknacks and posters he had around his room. Louis took a deep breath trying to calm his thunder pounding heart as someone ran into his room. His blue eyes darted to his bedroom door as he saw a familiar figure in the moonlight shining through the window.

"Louis?" He asked, running over and immediately taking Louis' into his arms. "Baby, are you okay?"

Louis didn't answer as he was pulled into a protective embrace, long curly hair against his sweaty neck. "H-Harry..." Louis whispered, finding himself and throwing his arms around his lovers waist.

Harry sat down on Louis' bed, pulling the older lad onto his lap and wrapping his arms protectively around him.

"What happened baby?"

"I-I had a nightmare." Louis choked back tears. "You left me and..." Burying his face into Harry's bare chest, sobbing quietly. "You just w-walked out, leaving me alone when I needed you. You said you couldn't do it, y-you didn't want it, you didn't l-love me!"

Harry let loose a soft chuckle. "You were definitely dreaming; I would have to be out of my mind to ever wanna leave you."

Nodding slowly and sitting up in his lap, Louis looked down at Harry, his face illuminated by the glow of moonlight. "Harry... What made you fall for me?"

"What do you mean?" The curly lad questioned.

"I mean," Louis adjusted himself so he was straddling Harry's waist, "what about me made you so intruiged? My looks, my voice, what?"

"Louis, at first, when I first saw you, I just planned on, you, know, taking you home for the night." The thought of that made Louis' heart drop. "But when I shook your hand and we chatted it up a bit... I don't know what it was, but I felt something. Something good, a feeling I have never felt before. I knew it would be ridiculous to give up the feeling and never know what it was. After that night, I knew you were different, from any other guys I have been with."

Different from other guys?

"Louis, I didn't know why I got a feeling of staying with you. But now, I'm glad I did. I've met the man I can see myself with. Spend the rest of my life with. None of my other exes have made me feel the way you make me feel. You give me life, you make me want to wake up everyday. Just the thought of you makes me happy. Seeing you makes my day and you'll never know how much you mean to me. You're the reason I'm.... happy again."

Again?  Louis processed the thought.  Did you never wake up happy? I'm the reason you're happy? What aren't you telling me Hazza?

"Care to tell me how much?" Louis asked, lacing his and Harry's fingers.

He stiffened slightly. His green eyes stared up at Louis, unblinking. He looked away and Louis could see a single tear slip down his dimpled cheek. "Harry? Baby, what's wrong?" Louis cupped Harry's face and wiped away the tear.

"Louis... I come from a dark childhood..." Harry whispered. "I was never loved in my family."

"Hazza, that's ridiculous!" Louis began.

"No Louis, it's true." Harry spoke up. "My parents didn't care about me. It was always about my sister Gemma. Always what Gemma wanted, what Gemma did. It was never about me."

Louis listened, feeling his heart sink at the sad story that was Harry's past. He could only sit and imagine a young curly haired boy, watching his parents gloat and coo over his sister. Never getting any attention and spending his young teenage years in his room, feeling unwanted and unloved.

He swallowed nervously. "What happened?"

"I ran away." Harry said in a low voice. "I went to America and stayed there for five years, doing my best to stay alive. I had a job that paid good. I had a nice hotel room to stay in. Food to eat. But never someone to love." He gave a watered chuckle. "That's all I ever wanted. But with my childhood the way it was, I didn't know how to love. I only took men for the night and left before they could get a second chance. I was a coward Harry. I hid myself from feeling any emotion. I knew I wanted to be loved, but at the same time, I didn't want it."

"What made you change your mind?" Louis asked, already knowing the answer, but wanting Harry to tell him. He could see his face light up when he mentioned the topic.

"You were like an angel. An angel with soft feathery hair, beautiful blue eyes, and the sexiest body I'd ever seen. I wanted you for the night only, but after getting you know you somewhat, I knew you were different. I could've give up someone that I felt would care for me. Love me. From the beginning, I knew you were different. You were meant to be in my life, I knew it deep inside my beating heart." He smiled shyly. "I know I sound like I'm going off and sounding nonsense right now. But I can't help it. I just love you so much. And it's the best feeling in the world to know you love me too."

Louis chuckled softly and kissed Harry's nose. "I love when you talk nonsense."

Harry smiled and laid back onto the bed with Louis next to him. Soon after, he was asleep and Louis lay awake, holding his young lover in his arms, cuddling up to him. He lay his head on top of Harry's, stroking his beautiful curls. He was tired, but couldn't find the need to fall asleep. Louis had one big thing on his mind. He wanted to know why Harry's parents refused to pay attention to him. Didn't they know it would affect their sons future life; because he wouldn't know how to love? Didn't they ever notice the lonely curly haired child alone in his room?

Louis didn't know who Harry's parents were, but he knew deep inside he had to find out. And show them the smart, charming boy Harry actually was, but they were too 'busy' to notice.

Kissing the top of Harry's head Louis sighed softly. "I love you. Forever and always, Harry." He smiled when Harry cuddled deeper against him and slowly shut his eyes, falling in an imaginary world where a young, lonely curly haired Harry sat in darkness, seeking love.

And that was the last nightmare Louis had.