{13}Trauma

Chapter☕
Trauma

       As the days go on without her, Sonia found herself reading more books and sleeping. At this point, that's all she could do. She sighed as she closed yet another book, "What a crappy ending." She muttered to herself as she flung it on the coffee table.

At that moment, she heard a knock on the door. It startled her for a moment. Who could it possibly be? Ezra is at work, Sun is at home with her.. is it a delivery guy? An inspector sent to report her progress?

Lost in her thoughts, she heard the knocking yet again, to which she replied, "Coming!" As she grabbed her crutches and limped her way towards the door. Resting one of her crutches against the wall, she opens the door and immediately felt her heart sank to the pits of her stomach.

"Amari?" She said in a whisper, trying to keep herself upright with her crutches.

"Sonia. It's nice to see that you're doing good." He welcomed himself into the home that was no longer his.

"I'm not. Now, please leave." She scrambled for her other crutch, but was blocked from reaching them.

"Why? You don't want to see me?" The closer he got to her, the stronger the scent of alchohol became. He had been drinking.

"Look, you're not suposed to be here-" She said, holding her arms out to keep some distance between the two of them.

Her crutches are all the way by the door, her footing was really unstable and she could fall any time soon.

He gripped her arms tightly and pulled her towards him"Why? You don't.. love me?"

"Amari stop-"

"Sonia?" Sun walked into the living area and saw everything. Dropping whatever he had, he rushed up and grabbed her and drew her closer to him.

"Sir Anwar, you shouldn't be here. It isn't good for her mental health! You know this, she isn't fit to see you right now.. so please leave."

Anwar's red eyes stared at them intently,"So you're with him now? I see.."

He turned around and stumbled through the door, slamming it shut.

Sonia looked up at Sun, and he stared right back at her.

"Are you okay?" He asked, gripping her waist firmly so she won't fall.

She averted her gaze and began to sob.

"I don't know how much of this I can take. It's too- it's- it- i.."

"Shh.." he enveloped her in a hug.

"It's okay.. I promise."

"Why does this keep happening to me. I'm trying so hard.. It just keeps—"

"I'm sorry." He said as he rubbed her back reassuringly, lovingly even.

"Next time, I won't let you out of my sight."