3

Recap:

"I won't let your chachi make you marry a 50 year old abusive man..... but you have to do as I say."

"W-what do you w-want me to d-do?" I asked hopefully.

"The only way, I can save you is to......" he paused for a while,"Marry me."

Haider's POV

"B-but.....me..y-you....I don't even know your n-name." She stuttered.

"Oh ya.. I forgot... I am Haider"

"W-why do you w-want to marry m-me?"

"Because if I don't, your chachi will make you marry the 50 year old man, I want to help you."

"But, why?"

"I don't know myself"

"What about your fa-family?"

"I'll handle them."

"Haider" I felt my heart skip a beat when she said my name. "A-are y-you s-sure?"

"I have never been more serious".

I took my phone out of my pocket and called Zayaan, my best friend, "Assalam o alaikum"

"Wa alaikum salam, everything ok? It's quite late."

"Can you arrange a moulvi, I need one in about half an hour. Please." I looked at Ayat while saying it and she just looked down in her lap fidgeting her fingers.

"Why do you need a moulvi, and at this time?"

"Apna nikha perh wana hai, hurry up and bring him to your apartment, I'll see you there." I said in a serious tone

"Are you serious?" He questioned.

"I have never been more serious about anything else in my life, I have to go, I'll see you in a bit." I said then hanged up.

I looked at her, looking down, silently crying. I placed my hand on her hand. She looked up at me with teary eyes.

"It's going to be ok." I told her.

********

Half an hour later, I parked outside Zayaan's apartment. I brought Ayat outside, she looked so scared that it actually started to worry me.

We headed inside and I could see how much hesitated she was. I took her hand in mine and pressed the doorbell. Zayaan opened the door and let us in.

"Assalam o alaikum. I have the arrangements done." He greeted us.

"Wa alaikum salam, thanks yaar." I replied

We went in and the moulvi was sitting on the sofa. Zayaan made me and Ayat on one of the sofas.

"Larki ki taref se witness kab aayein ge?" The moulvi asked.

I looked at Ayat, shit, I forgot that we needed a witness from Ayat's side aswell.

"Ayat" I called her as she looked up at me," do you have a friend that can come, its important."

"Ji, I w-will call h-he..." then she stopped.

"What happened?"

"I d-don't have m-my p-phone"

I took my phone out of my pocket and gave it to her. She took it with shaking hands and dialled a number.

"Assalam o alaikum"

...

"Mahi, I need your h-help"

...

"Can y-you please c-come a-at this a-address."

...

"Please"

...

"T-thank y-you"

Once she was done she gave me her phone. I told the moulvi that the witness would here in a few minutes.

Mahira's POV

I got a call from a unknown number and when I picked it up it was Ayat. She was crying and her voice a scared. I was so worried. She needed my help and I had to help her, she was my bestfriend. I snuck out of my hostel, got a rickshaw and went to the address she sent me.

I wonder if everything is ok. After 20 minutes, the rickshaw stopped outside luxury apartments. What is Ayat doing here? Is she okay?"

I fixed my dupatta and went towards apartment number 8. I pressed the doorbell and a young man, I think he might be in his twenties opened the door. He was good looking and wearing a t-shirt, and you could see his muscles, astagfirullah, mahi, you are here to look for your friend not develope crushes.

"G?" He asked in his husky voice.

"Umm.. me....woh... Ayat....."

"Accha, aap bhabhi ki dost hain." He asked.

"Bhabhi?" Whhaaaatt?

"Gi, issiliye aap ko bulaya hai, nikha ke liye gawha chahiye tha. Aap under aaye" he was so polite.

I went inside and saw Ayat sitting on the sofa next to a man, the moulvi saab was opposite them and the person who answered the door was standing next to me.

I ran to Ayat and hugged her tightly. "Ayat, you okay? Ye sab kese huwa?"

"I an fine, Mahi"

I let her go and I say Salam to the person  next to her, assuming him being her future husband. I knew Ayat was depressed after her father's death and then her chachi forcing her to marry someone who was way older then her.

"Wa alaikum salam, I am Haider, Ayat's future husband." I nodded and he continued," that's my friend Zayaan." I turned around and saw the guy who opened the door, he winked at me then said, "Moulvi saab, ab to nikha start ker dein."

Ayat's POV

"Ayat Hussain, kya apko ye nikkah Haider Khan ke sanath qabool hai?"

After a pause I said,"Q-qabool h-hai"

"Ayat Hussain, kya apko ye nikkah Haider Khan ke sanath qabool hai?"

"Q-qabool hai"

"Ayat Hussain, kya apko ye nikkah Haider Khan ke sanath qabool hai?"

"Qabool h-hai"

I am finally married to the stranger I just met a few hours ago.

The moulvi then asked Haider and he agreed confidentiality.

Zayaan Bhai and Mahi then congratulated us and then the moulvi left.

"Bhabhi, guest room me chali jayein." I looked at Haider and he nodded. Zayaan Bhai showed me the guest room and I went in. After 2 mins, the door opened and Mahi came in, "Ayat, spill"

"I.... don't know.... I can't explain right now..... but I will... I promise.... when I understand....myself."

"Ok, I am sending Haider bhai in, goodnight, Allah Fis."

When she left within, 5 mins, Haider came in and sat beside me.

"Ayat"

"Ji"

"I'll always keep you safe and I will never let you go." I placed his hand on mine, I felt a tingling sensation in my hand. I looked up in his eyes as he leaned down to kiss my forehead.

"Haider"

"Hmmm?"

"Thank you"