15. Trust.

My eyes fluttered open to someone yelling.

I licked my lips and looked around the room. Same walls, same textbooks, same desk. . .same blanket.

I tried recalling my past life, most importantly the last night. Pieces of memory slowly started to fill me but then I heard the loud shutting of the door from downstairs. I gripped the sheet beneath me and jolted upright. 

I ignored it and instead grabbed my phone from under the pillow to get the recent updates and help myself remember stuff. I saw few texts from Ishita and few from other random people, and only one from Bhavuk.

Bhavuk.

I ran fingers through my hair as everything hit me. The colors, the lights, the fire, the kissing, the bet, the crying. God, I'd cried myself to sleep. 

Bhavuk Xth

Mehta?

That was it.

I knew the reason. I'd told him not to message me ever, unless and until it was me who initiated it. He knew the little privacy I had back at home; he was blessed with intellect, actually. I didn't know how he fought the urge to spam my chat after everything that happened. 

Don't message me

The text was read by him alarmingly fast, and I wondered if he'd kept my chatroom open for all this time, even at seven in the morning.

Why not?

I don't feel like it

Wait wait wait

I want you to listen
Trust me for once

Trust you?

😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂

😂😂

😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂

Manasvi 

No no no it's genuinely funny

I want you to listen

I will listen but like in person

Which is when?

After four days, at school
Till then, fuck off
No messages

Another reply didn't come. I threw my phone aside and stared blankly at the wall, trying to think, merely trying to think and come up with a solution, to process my shitty, unpredictable life, and to walk out of this mess in the right way.

I wanted to be fair, and not biased towards my own self. I knew what Bhavuk did was wrong, but guess what, I kinda overreacted.