Eleven

"... you're my friend, too."

"But, there has to be another reason why you actually came looking for me." Kaori reasoned, knowing full well that Ryuuzaki's 'friendship' would not be his sole motive.

He hummed and placed his thumb on his lower lip.  "Do you have that little faith in this friendship?" He seemed to tease her.

She narrowed her eyes and raised a brow questionably.

He sighed.  "I do have another reason, but it has to do with our friendship." His words were monotonous.

"Okay..." She trailed, and then sighed, assuming that the peculiar man had some type of selfish reason. 

Ryuuzaki chewed on his thumb nail.  "I need to go to America, and I need you to come with me."

"First of all, why are we going to America?" Kaori asked, entirely questioning of his intentions.

"I have reason to believe that there is another Kira in America." He said thoughtfully.

"Another Kira?"  From what she understood, Ryuuzaki had counted two Kiras, and the one in America would make a third.

"Yes.  I'm leaving Light in charge while I'm gone, but I'm going to need your help because Watari has to look over the investigation headquarters."

Kaori pouted her lip. "That has nothing to do with friendship." In her understanding, he just needed to use her hacking skills.

"If you weren't my friend, I would be leaving you here and contacting you through phone or e-mail."

"When are we leaving?" She asked, still not convinced of Ryuuzaki's genuineness.

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!" She yelled.  It was such short notice for an overseas trip, especially considering that the nature of their trip offered no definitive end.

"Yes, we are leaving tomorrow."

"And only you and I are going...?"

"Yes."

"That's ridiculous." Kaori commented boldly.

"You consider the majority of my actions ridiculous, do you not?"

"That's true..." She trailed.

Ryuuzaki finally removed his thumb from his lip. "Besides that, when we aren't working, you can practically have a vacation.  We will be located on a beach in California."

"A beach?" She questioned with a sparkle in her dark eyes.  "We're going to be on a beach?!"

"Yes, that is what I said." The boy blinked. "Don't get too carried away.  It's not exactly a complete vacation."

"Yeah, yeah." She waved her hand to brush aside the less alluring facts of the trip.  "Whatever.  We're still going to a beach." She stood, brushing her skirt in a satisfactory manner.

Ryuuzaki turned to look at the girl. "Where are you going?"

"Well, I've got stuff to pack." Kaori smiled.

"You're going to go to America with me?" He seemed slightly surprised, even though he had basically ordered her to accompany him on the trip.

"Of course!"

To Lawliet:

Ah! I'm so excited! I'm going to America!

I mean, I'm going to be with Ryuuzaki and it's for work, but we're going to California! It's supposed to be so beautiful there! And we're staying on a beach!