This Was It

I woke up in a unfamiliar room. Lying in a bed, in strange surroundings. I moved the quilt, exposing my body. I was in a top that was way too big for me, resulting it in ending just above my knees. Practically a dress. I looked down lifting the fabric up, to my surprise there wasn't scar there, not even a scratch.

I could of sworn this was real, if it wasn't, where the hell am i? All i knew is that i wanted out. Slowly i got off of the bed, walking around to the foot of it. Looking around the room, it was quite big in size. A double sized bed in the middle of the room, bedside tables either side. On the other side of the room sat a desk, with a chair tucked under. A wardrobe next to the door, it was a nice room. The chair caught my eye, or more importantly what was on the chair. Clothes. I picked them up inspecting them. They where about my size. I found a maroon tank top, black pair of skinny jeans and some knee length boots. Perfect.

After getting changed, i reached for my necklace, making sure it was still there. This was my escape plan, as always.

I clutched it in the middle of my palm, and opened a portal back to P3. I know going back to the place i almost got caught at was a bad idea, but i needed to pick my stuff up. I hear the door opening. My head shot up to meet the unwanted guests. A woman with long dark hair came in, followed by the same boy i thought i imagined. There appearance was similar, definately some relation. I take this as my que to leave. That's when i make a run for it.

"Mom freeze her!" the boy rushed out.
"I'm trying," she looks confused, making motions with her hands. I leap for the portal, leaving the strange family behind, or so i hope.

I came out behind P3 just as i planned. Everything i owned could easily fit into my bag;
A notebook
A few pens
Some old photos
A book my mom gave me
And my letter from my mom. God i missed her.

I walked through town, people not even giving me a second look, just how i like it. I still couldnt get how quickly my wound healed, almost like nothing happened.

I got to a new alley about 5 blocks away from my previous 'home'. I was too hungry to go much further. Walking further down the alley, i saw a group of men. Probably around my age, if not a few years older. Great. Keeping my head down, i slowly turn back around, avoiding attention. Of course my luck has ran out. There was 4 infront of me and two that where behind me, now walking my way.
"Hey where are you going?" one of them slurred, the smell of alcohol pungent on his breath.
"Come and join us," he shakes the bottle of liquor in his hand. I try to walk past them but fail, my shoulder getting pulled back.

Instantly almost by itself, a knife appeared in my hand. Could call it instincts kicking in. I took a swipe at the one that was closest to me, hitting my target. Deep enough to draw blood but not cause too much damage. I was hoping that would scare them off but it only made things worse.
"Oooooo, got a fiesty one here lads," all of them start to laugh coming closer, circling me. Like sharks to a feast. It happens all too quick, there's a burning sensation in my cheek and i'm on the floor. That son of a bitch.
"This bitch needs to be taught a lesson in manners, how to respect a man." Egotistical jerks. They all start to join in, throwing punches, kicking, anything to inflict pain. I try to protect my head, hoping this was going to be over quickly. This was it, this was how i was going to die. Not too the all powerful demon after me, but to humans.

~~~
As always thanks for continuing to read.

Katie
❤️