Truly Mates?

Damien's POV

i looked over at rain and saw her running ahead, weighed down with weights and Simon lagging behind. i was about half a second behind her but that was because my partner was so much smaller than me and i had to slow down for him to keep up.

rain turned and laughed when she saw simon panting heavily and trying his hardest not to break down in tears at being left behind by his partner.

i suppressed a laugh and looked at my own partner. Che was about 5"5 and skinny as hell. his wolf would probably be really scraggly....

the timer buzzed and i saw that rain and Simon and beaten us by a minute and 2 seconds. i couldn't help but feel proud. she was the only female but she always held her head high and did the best she could.

 unfortunately her best meant all the boys would lose.

"dude that girl can run"

i looked down at Che and nodded

"she beat us so bad. I'm sorry man"

he had his head down in shame and i had no idea what to say.....should i pat him on the shoulder? laugh? run a way?

rain pounced over and tapped che on the head

"you were so cool, not many people can keep up with Mr Mountain over here"

she pointed at me

first i was a teddy bear and now im Mr Mountain?.........this is ridiculous

che looked up and smiled

"really?"

"yup!! now get your butt up cos her comes the sentinel and we need to change partners...you got Simon and i have Damien"

che nodded and jumped up looking much brighter than before

"thanks rain. see ya Damien!!"

he ran off waving and i looked over at rain

"that was really nice of you"

she stared at me for a second before smiling and walking over to tap my chest

"i am nice"

with that she turned and she walked away to the end of the field. i watched her ass the whole way.....

running was going to be difficult

20 minutes later

i had a piece of rope around my wrist that attached me to rain.. it was like heaven....now she couldn't get away

"the person you are tied to is the person you will be spending every waking moment with. now some of you may already do that if you share a tent but this is a little different. for the next three days that rope will not be coming off"

everyone looked around in horror and i had to admit i was a little shaken as well.

"what about showering and going to the toilet?"

the sentinel looked down his nose at the tall boy who spoke

"you are all men!!! its not like you have to hide!!!"

"I'm a girl"

rain spoke up and she sounded pissed

the sentinel coughed and looked over at our wrists

"yes well.......you will simply have to put a curtain between the two of you at those times"

everyone looked at us in disbelief and i felt rain clench her fist but she didn't argue further