Chapter 3: I get more stuff

I'd been right. The t-shirt and tight girls jeans went together really well. I left the outfit on for a couple of hours, getting the feel of it. It was good.
Over the next few weeks, I tried the t-shirt and jeans on again a number of times. One thing I did notice was that the seams of my undies showed through the jeans. So I guessed that you had to wear less bulky girls undies under them. Okay, I suppose.
Back to the department store - too crowded, try again the next day, better.
I'd brought along a plastic carry bag to hide the undies in. But I could only see them in packs of four, six or ten; I didn't want to hang around looking more thoroughly, so I quickly grabbed a four pack in my size and wandered nonchalantly (I hoped) to the self-serve checkout.
I paid cash for them. I actually had quite a lot of money in savings; my parents gave me a decent allowance and I didn't usually spend much.
Oh, yes, the girls undies were much better.

I liked trying the outfit on because it looked good, and it felt good too.
I had started checking out the sort of clothes girls wore, usually by riding my bike around the streets and wandering about in the nearby shopping centre. I had another idea: I reckoned that my t-shirt top would go well with a pleated miniskirt. Maybe I was getting the hang of this girls clothes business.
There were two department stores in the shopping centre; I went to the other one this time - just like the first one, it had some self-serve checkouts. Good.
I saw a blue and white check miniskirt that I thought would be just right, but some dopey woman was fussing around nearby and wouldn't go away. Gave up. Tried again, but the store was still too busy for the next couple of days.
So I went on my way to school, just after the store had opened. No probs.
I was right again. The skirt looked terrific with the t-shirt.