𝟢𝟤 | 𝖮𝖯𝖳𝖨𝖮𝖭𝖲

DEMON WASN'T FAMILIAR WITH THE versions of Corinne that didn't say I love you back to him

DEMON WASN'T FAMILIAR WITH THE versions of Corinne that didn't say I love you back to him. Instead, to distract himself from the unsettling feeling the end of the call left, he pretended like she didn't hear him. Corinne wanted to pretend like she didn't hear him but she couldn't. The text notifications sped up his heart rate regardless of how simple the "I love you too" text was.

Unaware of whether or not her I love you meant, progress was being made between the two of them or out of guilt, Demon was still happy as ever. He took the familiar things for granted because to him, she was constant, a given. He had his constant factor removed when he thought she wasn't going anywhere and he didn't know what to do with himself.

Yet now, he had the slightest taste of getting it back.

Corinne closed her laptop knowing she would get in her head and get distracted about the phone call. She had unblocked him earlier that morning. 3am to be exact. From there she got countless texts messages and voicemails.

Corinne spent the entire day reading and listening to what could've been a book of love letters. The teachers teaching their lectures through the MacBook screen couldn't keep her focus when she was questioning her judgement.

Two knocks on her door startle her out of her thoughts before looking at Priest. "You eating in here or out here with us?"

"With y'all. Just give me a minute." She tells him, beginning to stand up making Dior get up from his bed that was next to her bed. Corinne places the pastel pink bubble mailers in of six totes filled with other orders that needed to get mailed out with the small dog following her around. After doing that, she plugs her charger into MacBook before sitting it on her vanity and walking out of the room.

Dior immediately runs to his bowl while Corinne goes into the bathroom to wash her hands. Once she was done, she sat at the table where her father was placing plates. Corinne couldn't help but smile at the small interaction between him and her mother.

When Priest got shot, the surgery went well yet his body was working over time to heal so he needed rehabilitation to build his strength. He was slowly gaining his weight back but Corinne saw his potential and he saw it too.

All the unnecessary shit that he had in his life was cut out. From Kelsi and Kelis to selling drugs. He didn't need to be in the streets to continue receiving the benefits. The benefits he wanted no more than to share with his wife and youngest daughter.

It took a lot for Nicole to give him another chance, simply because nobody had time for this to be a "for the moment" thing. She had spent a lot of time getting over him and back to her. Yet, the love for him was most definitely still there.

"What you doing tomorrow?" Nicole asks making Corinne shrug. "I got my brand shoot tomorrow." She tells her, picking up her phone. "Where at?"

"In Atlanta." Corinne looks at the address. She had told her self after applying for colleges, she would work on expanding her business farther than the shop. "You going by yourself?" Priest asks. "I'mma prolly make Dominique come with me."