Joy LXXXI

Summary: Joy gets caught up on all things Sibuna

Evie's Notes: Happy Saturday! Here's the second update for today. I hope you enjoy 🌺.

Chapter Warning: Joy's panic over finding out the cult shit is not over.

-----------------------

Joy was not having a good day. The only plus side was that after three o'clock it would finally be the weekend, not that it would be much better since she would be trapped in Anubis House with a bunch of traitors! She couldn't believe that Eddie had gone behind her back like this! Jerome conning Mr. Sweet into submitting Mara's article made sense, but Eddie? He was supposed to be on her side!

Slamming her hands down on the keys, Joy began yet another furious melody, grateful for the current empty state of the music hall.

"All right I know you're mad" began the American boy, slowly inching towards her. "But I honestly didn't do this to hurt you".

Joy just shot him a withering look of disbelief and began another violent scale. Pain and suffering is what she got for trusting a bloody American!

"Jerome was so excited to give Mara a shot in this competition, and let's be real here, her article on us doesn't hold a candle to your expose on the dangers lurking in British Boarding Schools and your call for oversight! It was a masterpiece. I just wanted to keep you honest, as a best friend should! I didn't expect Jerry to be so cruel about it. I'm sorry"

With a long sigh, Joy dropped her head... she couldn't stay mad at him when he made such good points.

"I know... it just sucked that you didn't tell me how you felt about it yourself... you seemed so on board with me leaving Mara out originally".

"I know, and I get you wanting to have something 'just yours', but the truth needed to come out... and in the end it always does. So, truce?"

"Truce," laughed Joy. Finally spinning around to hug her best friend. "Thanks for looking out for me even when I don't want it" she muttered into his shirt.

"I'll always be on your team little J, always" he promised, holding her tightly. At that moment Joy had to admit, maybe this day didn't suck as much...

*Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold*

Just because Eddie wasn't mad at her, didn't mean the other Anubis residents were not. Letting out a quiet groan of defeat, Joy watched in trepidation as Fabian approached her.

"Joy look..." began the boy, but Joy wasn't going to take any more verbal abuse, especially from Fabian.

"Fabian whatever it is youre going to say, don't" snapped Joy. "I know that I did a bad thing and I certainly don't need you to tell me that I did a bad thing. The absolute last thing that I need right now is a lecture from you".

"No. No! A lecture is the last thing you are getting" rambled Fabian. "Whatever bad thing you've done, I don't care. Joy. Please! I really need your help right now!".

Seeing how desperate her friend was, Joy decided to give him a chance. Gods, please don't let this decison burn her.

*Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold – Tears of Gold*

What the fuck... just what the everloving fuck!? This Egyptian magic shit was still happening! How cursed was she?!

"So what I need you to do is help us save Nina, and Lili too. You would be completely safe the whole time" assured Fabian. "We just need you to call the shots here".

Joy was still in a total state of shock. She had thought that this shit was all over. Why wasn't it over?!

"You are already so good at Senet, I mean you thrash me everytime we play!" added the boy.

Looking into his pleading eyes, Joy found herself nodding mutely in agreement.

"Perfect! I'm going to go tell the others the good news!" cheered Fabian.

As Fabian disappeared out of sight, Joy collapsed against the couch... her breath coming out in quick short bursts. She could vaguely feel herself start to shake... this was supposed to be over.

--------------------------

Evie's Notes 2: I hope you enjoyed this update, let me know what you want to see more of in the comments!

Next Week: Amber and the others find out about Fabian's decision.

I love hearing from y'all! Let me know what you think of the chapter and the story so far in the comments or my Tumblr House-of-Secrets! Have a great week and stay safe! - Xo Evie🌺