Amber & Piper & Patricia LV

Summary: Alfie talks to Amber and Mr. Millington comes to visit. Piper talks to Mr. Sweet while the Sibuna Club get ready for Gustav Ziestack's visit.

Evie's Notes: Happy Wednesday! Longer chapter than normal today, let me know your favorite part in the comments!

----------------

Amber's POV:

Amber would give just about anything at this point to make her head stop hurting. She was sick and tired of having to wear her sunglasses to block out the light, and earmuffs to stifle loud sounds.

Her sulking was interrupted by a knock on the door. Nina stopped getting ready for class to hurry over and open it. "Hey Alfie!" she greeted.

"Hey Neens. Can I talk to Amber for a second?"

"Sure. I'm headed over to school anyways. She has the day off classes to recover since her father is flying in to see her. Feel better Ambs!" called the American girl before dashing out the door to meet Fabian.

"Hey Amby, how are you feeling?" asked Alfie as he made his way over to her vanity.

"My head hurts... but it's better than yesterday" she admitted.

"That's good to hear. Have you already taken the pain killers Nurse Johnson gave you?"

"Yeah. I'm just waiting for them to fully kick in".

"That's good... that's good..." mumbled the boy.

Amber watched concerned as he nervously bounced his leg.

"Alfie? Is something wrong?" asked Amber nervously.

"No! Well yeah... kind of..."

"Ok... Is it something I can help with?"

"I have something I need to tell you... but you are not going to be happy about it" whispered the boy brokenly.

"Alfie, you are worrying me. Whatever it is we can get through it together" promised Amber spinning to face the boy fully.

"That's just the thing A. This isn't something that we can do together".

"Oh" muttered Amber, her mind flashing back to last November when they had had a very similar conversation.

"Amby, you know that I love you and that I would never want to do anything to hurt you?" asked Alfie.

"yeah".

"And I am so grateful for all of your support these past few months as I've been working with Dr. Delarosa on my trauma".

"Of course. I am so proud of all of your progress over the last couple months and how hard you have been working" encouraged Amber.

"Thank you. We talked in November about putting our relationship on hold while still not seeing other people. I felt though that it would not be fair to you to not let you know that I have decided to see someone else"

And with those words, Amber's world shattered.

"I haven't spoken to her about it yet, but I am interested in pursuing a relationship with her. I hope that we can remain friends, but I understand if you need some space".

Amber's mind raced as she tried to hold back her tears. "You can definitely consider us broken up" she spat. "Please get the fuck out of my room and give me some of that bloody space you so desperately want".

"Okay. I will not ask that you be happy for us, nor will we rub our relationship in your face" promised the boy who had just broken her heart. "I hope that you have a good day with your father and please remember to take your meds".