Amber XVI

Amber was not a fan of this new Joy. Going after someone who was in a relationship was unforgivable to her. Having been the third party in a relationship where her boyfriend was being hounded by another girl, Amber could totally sympathize with Nina's pain. It does not matter if you think that the couple is bad together or if you would be a better match for the boy. Amber would have actually been supportive of Joy shooting her shot with Fabian now, if it hadn't been for her previous attempts while 'Fabina' had been together.

Amber wasn't saying that Joy was evil or anything. The girl was wicked smart and could keep up with Jerome on his most bitchy days. Amber had to applaud anyone who could do that. The two girls had never really been close, but they had at least been friendly before Joy had been taken. Fabian, Joy and Patricia had been a trio while Amber had hung out with Mick, Alfie and Mara. When Nina arrived all interhouse relationships had been shaken up. Patricia was grieving her best friend and better half, while Fabian had instantly latched on to the girl who was so like Joy. That really was the root of the issue, Amber reflected. The similarities between Joy and Nina had drawn Fabian in and driven Patricia away.

Joy would make an amazing Sibuna as she was sneaky, conniving and dastardly smart. That would never happen though since Nina would always come first in Amber's book. The American had been there to support Amber through her breakup with Mick and falling out with Mara. Amber was swept up into a wonderful new friendship before she had even hit the ground. It was for this reason that she wanted to get 'Fabina' back together. Fabian was not making it easy though as he refused to have a straightforward discussion with the girls. Amber watched as he banged into his locker during his attempt to 'escape' Joy's latest advance. She simply must step in, all three of them were constantly being hurt and Fabian had the power to stop it if he would just choose to do so. With her mind made up Amber headed over to the filling station to chat with Fabian.

"What's up Fabian?" she greeted refilling her water bottle. "Down in the love dumps?".

"That's one way of putting it. Is it that obvious?"

Well yeah, you jump a foot in the air whenever Joy shows up and you are like a puppy trailing after Nina. "Only to me" Amber lied, "but then again, I am kind of a dating guru. It's Nina, isn't it?".

"No, Joy"

"You're in love with Joy?!?!" she yelled.

"Amber! Inside voice. Please!" Fabian snapped. Grabbing her hand he pulled her into the student lounge while explaining. "I'm not in love with her, but I think she's trying to ask me out."

"Well duh! So the hunter has circled her prey for long enough and is now flat out asking you on dates huh..."

"Sorry, I'm her what?"

"And you're trying to put her off right?"

"Yeah... I guess" he mumbled

"Ok, I am going to need something more concrete than just, 'yeah, I guess'".

"I mean yes, I still like Nina and am not ready to date Joy yet" Fabian said firmly.