Chapter 12

CRYSTAL'S POV

--------------------

It had been over a week since the incident with Caine occurred. There were no signs that we would be going back to our normal lives.

I had met and had been introduced to various gangs around the world.

Most of them came from Italy and Mexico.

Alisha, Nikki,band I had became really close friends with couple of members that came from around the world to come to the yearly masquerade Ball.

It was the best party of the year. Every mafia related family came there. It was an event that no one would want to miss.

Every year they announce the best of the mafia families to start the evening off by slow dancing with their partners. After that they let everyone else on the dance floor.

This year, about 3 of the families are leading the dance. All I know is that one of the families is going to be us.

One of the Italian boys named Giovanni is the one that had been picked for me by my brother to dance with.

He was good looking. Like the type that would get girls drooling but nothing compared to Caine.

These days all I seem to compare everything with is Caine! He just won't get out of my head.

Alisha is dancing with Lorenzo, and Nikki is dancing with Salvatore.

Three girls and two boys came from Mexico, three boys from italy, and one boy and one girl from India.

Total of ten people.

It was good that I had gotten to know them over the past two days. Or else at the ball Alisha, Nikki and I would feel like loners.

Nina, Maya, Andrea, and Dia walked next to us as we went to the dressing room.

There were racks and racks of dresses placed in the center of the room.

Aunt Sara being the designer she is had got all those dresses for us to choose from. There were all sorts of colors. From bright yellows to dull grays!

All the dresses had matching masks to go with them.

"I don't even know where to start looking" said Nina, stealing the words right out of my mouth

"How about we all start at different corners of the racks?" suggested Nikki

"Yea that would be one way to do it" I said as I went up to my corner of the racks.

I had looked through about a thousand dresses and tried on about 100! None of them seemed like anything I wanted.

Nikki had already settled with a green dress. Nina and Alisha picked purple dresses that were in different shades though and Nina had gray color in her hands. Tina stood there holding a bright orange color dress.

"Did you girls find your dresses?" asked aunt Sara excitedly

"Everyone except me." I said in a dull tone

"Why? What happened? You didn't like them.?"she questioned sitting down next to me

"They are all really pretty but just not what I am looking for." I mumbled

"Ohh. Well your in luck. I happen to have another dress. This dress I'm sure you'll love it! It's perfect and I think it would suit you skin and eye color completely!" she got up and left the room

Aunt Sara came back a minute later holding something behind her back.

"Ta Da" she said as she pulled as she pulled out a black and white dress.

It was bueatiful! It was backless with a vintage looking design at the bottom.

"I love it" I squealed

I went up and took the dress out of her hands.

"And here is the mask." Aunt Sara said holding up a black mask with white outlining on it.

It also had couple feathers sticking out on the right side of it.

-------------------------

The next morning we woke up and ate breakfast with everyone. As soon as we were done all the girls and I were ushered into the dressing room.

There was a makeup artist, a hair dresser and a seamstress waiting for us.

As soon as we walked in I was pulled in by by the seamstress. She pulled the dress over my head and plucked at random place on the dress to make it perfect on my body.

After the dress came the hair. My hair was placed in an elegant bun and tied up with a white ribbon. I had slight silver glitter in it too.

My makeup was kept minimal. A little black mascara with black eyeshadow that created a smoky look around my eyes.

I had on pink blush and dark red lipstick too.

I turned away from the make up artist and turned to face the mirror.

All the other girls were standing next to me.

"Oh my god, Crystal you look pretty!" shrieked Nikki

"Thanks! So do you. But you always look pretty!"

"Aww thanks! Haha" Nikki said as everyone laughed with her.

We were all in a really good mood and I planned on keeping it that way!