Bonus Chapter: The Aftermath

It has been a week since the events with Caleb and the Orpheum. It was stressful, but all that mattered to Zach is that he and the guys have been freed from Caleb's curse.

In the studio, Zach was the first to wake up, blinded by the beaming light through the window. Zach feels a warm presence next to him and looks down on a sleeping Reggie, making him smile.

He couldn't resist the urge to run his hand through his soft hair as he admires his features. His skin was glowing in the light and his sunkissed freckles made it stand out more, which only made Zach fall for him even more.

Zach leaned forward to press a kiss on his forehead. Reggie's eyes flutter and slowly looks up to Zach, then he smiled sleepily and brought one of his hands to caress his cheek.

"Morning," Zach greeted him in a warm voice. Reggie smiled even wider and leaned forward to kiss Zach's nose, causing him to scrunch it in response. Then Reggie snuggled closer to Zach's side.

"Come on, Reg, you gotta wake up sooner than later," Zach tells him while chuckling. "We got a songwriting session today."

"Can that wait 'til tomorrow?" Reggie whined.

"Nope. Come on, or else Luke throw a fit." Zach tries to get up, but Reggie wrapped his arms around his torso and pulled him closer to his side. "Reggie, come on," Zach chuckles as he tries to pull away.

"No, it's too early for this," Reggie whined again, tightening his grip.

"It's like 10 in the morning," Zach tells him.

"Still too early."

"Alright. Alright, I'm sorry," Zach sighs and lays back down on the couch with him, just enjoying each other's warmth. Zach looks down on Reggie and combs his soft hair with his hand.

"Did I mention that you're beautiful?" Zach asks.

Reggie blushed and grinned. "You don't have to do that," Reggie chuckles.

"I know," Zach says. "I just... really like seeing your face."

"Since when did you became such a romantic?" Reggie asks jokingly.

"I'm only romantic for you, Reginald Peters."

Reggie blushed even more and buries one of his hands in Zach's hair, while Zach rests his hand on Reggie's waist. They were both lost in their own worlds as they stare into each other's eyes. Chocolate brown meets ocean blue.

"I'm glad that we're both still here," Reggie whispered.

"Yeah," Zach agrees. "Who needs heaven when I got you right here, in my arms?"

Reggie smiled at his words and pulled him into a passionate kiss. Zach pulls him closer by the waist.

Just then, Luke throws the doors open and Alex and Julie follows behind him. Zach and Reggie immediately broke away from the kiss and shot up. "Break it up, Lovebirds! We got some songs to write," Alex declared.

Zach stood up from the couch and held out his hand for Reggie. Reggie gladly gratefully takes his hand and Zach helps him stand up from the couch.

"You two are honestly the cutest couple I've ever seen, I just wish I could capture this moment," Julie says.

"Trust me. We know," Reggie responds, linking his hand around Zach's arm before standing on his toes to pressing a kiss on his cheek.

Luke rolled his eyes and sighed. "You guys seriously can't keep the PDA to a minimum, can you?"

"Just because you and Julie are only single ones in the band, doesn't mean you get to be salty about it," Zach retorts.

"Technically, me and Willie are not dating," Alex states.

"Mhmm, keep telling yourself that," Reggie says, clearly unconvinced and interlocks his and Zach's fingers together.

"Anyway. Where were we?" Julie asks the band. All five of them start discussing about the lyrics and the melodies of their new songs. Zach and Reggie would occasionally share a few kisses to each other, making the other boys gag. The boys would fight like children and Julie would laugh at them.

At the end of the day, they all seemed happy. Happier than ever.

Together, they will carry through fire and water for each other.

Together, they will make it.

They will shine together.

End of Book One

So that's it.

That's a wrap for Long Way Home season 1.

You might be wondering; What's Caleb gonna do to Nick? What's next for Zach and Reggie? Hopefully, we'll find out when Netflix renews the show, 'cause if not, I will riot.
(I'm not even joking at this point.)

I'm sorry if this bonus chapter was very short. I wanted to make it as cute as possible and I'm sorry if I disappointed you.

I hope you enjoyed this journey with Zach's story. I did too, because I think this ship is very cute. Might be a little biased, but I won't take any criticism for that.

Thank you for all of your support and hopefully, we can get a season 2 of Julie and the Phantoms because it's the only good show I watched on Netflix so far and I wouldn't know what's gonna happen if they cancel it.

Anyway, I'll be signing off here. I hope you guys have a great day, week, month, and year. I'll see you guys soon.

- Kassy ♡