Chapter 119: Harper

A/N: Mature content 🚌🚌🚌

"This is beautiful," Ellie's soft voice murmured from the seat in front of me.

For once, I fell under the same near-romantic charm of the view as Ellie while we rode for nearly two hours on a bus from Calgary over the Trans Canada Highway. I wasn't the most descriptive person but even I appreciated the dark gray-black rock mountains, capped with pure white snow tips, and edged with dark green evergreens that surrounded us on all sides. A smile tugged at my lips at the expansive sky, gray with winter clouds that a few rays of sunlight peeked through.

Probably post-orgasm bliss.

Sadly for my dignity, I couldn't even blame two beers on my mile-high-club membership initiation with Jake. The feel of his hands, the rough pads of his fingers that stroked my aching, needy lady bits turned me into an absolutely sated pile of mush.

With just one quick bathroom fuck, Jake reminded me of how hard I'd struggled with getting him out of my head. The way he'd tugged my body closer against his thrusts like a fucking sex toy, was both insensitive and selfish.

And fuck me, I fucking loved every minute of it.

I side-eyed the smugass grin Jake wore from the second we'd stepped out of the bathroom, although every cell in my body celebrated when I winked at Attendant Busty-Blonde.

Fuck, now I sound jealous. I even called him my boyfriend, pathetic.

Another glance at Jake next to me on the bus widened his grin until a small dimple popped up in his left cheek.

Like he said, four days, fuck it out.

Then I'm free.

I wasn't delusional, I knew I was in for a rough four days. A shudder ran down my spine at the sexual possibilities but, at the risk we fell into bad habits, I wasn't sure if I wanted Ellie knowing what we had planned.

If we walk away completely after it's over, then it really wasn't anything to be concerned about, right?

No, that's wrong. I'm above hiding stuff from Ellie.

So... If she asks, then I'm telling her.

While I internally found my compromise, the completely smitten, heart-eyed looks Ellie shared with Logan, along with the gentle touches and squeezes he constantly gave her told me that they had their own ideas for trip activities anyways.

Probably best not to rock their love gondola.

My cheeks warmed at how easily Jake had gotten me riled up from the drive to the airport and on the plane. I'd taken a few weeks' off to see if that cleared my mind but it'd had the complete opposite effect.

Just hormones, nothing else Harper.

Since Logan and Ellie seemed completely distracted in their seats ahead of us, I pretended I leaned over Jake while I looked out the window but really brushed my breasts around his closest bicep. Satisfaction curled up the corners of my lips when his muscles tensed and finally that grin faded.

"Harper..." Jake swallowed as I leaned my head over, until my forehead was an inch from his chin. Dots of fresh stubble outlined his jaw and I resisted the urge I brushed my cheek against them and instead enjoyed how his breathing elevated while I danced one hand's fingers down the center line of his chest, then back up to my mouth. Jake inhaled hard when I sucked on the tips of my two first fingers and thumbs, licked them slick, then dragged my tongue across the seam of my lips.