Chapter 8

Hey you guys I have something REALLY IMPORTANT to ask you. PLEASE READ THIS! Do you think I should continue this story? I don't know if anybody really likes this so if you guys could tell me what you think. Also I finished editing the earlier chapters last friday. I am soooo sorry I haven't updated sooner but I wasn't sure if anybody really wanted to read my book so I wasn't motivated. So pretty please with a cherry on top tell me what you think. Thanks.

************************************************************************

Dan walked through the crowd. Pushing and shoving to get to the front, to the stage. He was coming towards me. Just about at an open space where he would be able to see me, recognize me. I waited for the moment where he would wreck my chances of being normal. He would tell everybody. I would just be freaky genius girl again. Any chances of him talking to me again would be gone. My heart dropped at my last thought. Dan the sweetest, kindest, coolest guy I have ever met would hate me. I think I really liked him.

The crowd parted as Dan moved through it. He would be let through to back stage in 5, 4, he joined my mother, 3 my bodyguard directed them towards me, 2 the people running around backstage moved out of the way, 1. He saw me. A look of confusion crossed his face. A moment of understand as he figured out who I was then hurt flash on his face as he reached me.

"I will just leave you two alone" my mother said.

"Dan....." I let my sentence trail off.

I the girl who knew everything didn't know what to say. The fact that I hurt him made my stomach drop. I lied to him. He hated liars. I knew I would have to tell my friends eventually. I just really wanted them to like me for me first. I wanted to know that they were my friends because they liked me not the fact that I had money or brains.

"Why?" Dan asked softly.

"I wanted to be normal. I wanted to have a place to call home. I wanted to have real friend not just people who wanted me for money or fame. I want what you have." I say.

He stood there for a second not saying anything. I waited for him to just walk away or to yell. It never came. Then finally he said something that shocked me.

"You don't want my life. I live in a nice house, with my family and I have good friends. But my opportunities are limited. I will go to an average school, and maybe, if I am lucky get a good job when I graduate. You have already travelled the world. You already have multiple degrees. If you want you could be anything. Your life is set. Mine isn't. I will have to work hard. Everything comes naturally to you. I want your life." He says.

"You are right" I say more to myself than him.

"I will talk to you later but right now you have a presentation to make." With that he walked away, back into the crowd. I watched him until he disappeared.

"Are you going to be okay?" Ryan says walking up to me.

"I think so." I turned and walk towards the stage.

I felt lighter. I felt that for maybe once my life was great and everything will be okay. Ireal true friends who had my back.

**************************************************************************

Thanks for reading. I'm sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

So you knoww the drill

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

AND ALSO

READ