Chapter 7

Hey I just want to thank you guys for reading and the advice. So I just want you guys to know that I will be adding a prequel and editing the first couple of chapters. Hopefully it will be done by the end of the week.

Chapter 7

I smile and wave goodbye to Dan as he leaves the house. I whirl around to face Ryan.

"What are we going to do about this?" I shriek.

"How am I supposed to know what to do, I'm not the freaky genius girl!" he hollers at me.

"Well you're the evil genius!"

"That is true. Thanks for the flattering remark" he says lowering his voice to his customary tone

"He probably won't even see the resemblance; you talk different and act different when you are all smart" he replied.

"Plus he won't get a very close look at me when I'm on stage and then I will leave straight after" I say trying to convince myself as I say it.

"It will work and I will come for moral support. Now go upstairs to bed because we have to leave early tomorrow and I don't like having a grouchy sister because she was up all night thinking of all the things that could go wrong."

"You act like more like a dad then dad you know?" I grumble.

"But you love me" he spoke with a smirk.

"Ya, ya, ya" I say as I walk upstairs.

**************************************************************

"Wake up, wake up, wake up" somebody says while shaking me.

"Wake up. Come on Maddie wake up!"

Smack! I made contact with his face I think. Satisfied I roll over trying to go back to sleep.

"Really? I was just trying to wake you up and you hit me. Thanks sis. Now get up!" Ryan says.

"Too early to talk or even think about getting up" I mumble into my pillow.

"We have to leave for the conference."

"Fine I will get up just leave!" I say hurling my pillow at him.

He just chuckles and saunters out of the room. With a moan I get out of bed and head to the bathroom. I strip down and jump into the shower. The hot water pounds on my back and I start to wake up. Then the events of previous night came back. Dan. Today. Oh no. What am I going to do? Calm down. Just follow in Ryan's example; be an optimist. Today will go well. Oh who am I kidding today's going to be chaos. Dan will find out and tell everyone and I will be the freaky genius girl again. I just want this day to be over already I thought as I jumped out of the shower. I dry off and go into my closet. I turn to face the left side of my closet. My horrible geeky clothes are kept on this side of my closet. The clothes that my mother chose for me to wear because and I quote

"Your clothes are unfit to be worn in public. They make you look dumb, stupid and ignorant. The clothes I chose for you are smart and professional. They are just the fit for a girl genius Madison. "

The clothes aren't bad it's just they make me look ten years older. Yup so "proper" clothes it is. At least today they might help me. I would never be caught dead in formal clothes if I could avoid it. I preferred jeans and a t-shirt. I quickly checked the clock. Eight thirty. Crap we have to leave in fifteen minutes! I do my hair and makeup in a cute but professional look and scurry downstairs.

"You should have woke me up sooner Ryan" I scold as I search the cupboards for the lucky charms.

"I would have put it was most likely that you would of chopped my head off and the lucky charms are on the table" he counters.

"I wouldn't. But because you have no back bone we are going to be late" I argue right back. I pour myself a bowl of cereal.

"What's the worst that could happen?" he asks. "You are the star of the show."

"One word "Mother" I say as I stuff my mouth full of food.

"Is she even coming?" he questions.

"I don't know I haven't talked to her since she left a week ago. Where did mom and dad go anyways?" I wonder.

"Your guess is as good as mine. Let's go your highness" he says with a slight bow.

"Yes let's go servant. You can polish my shoes in the limo" I joke.

"Thank you for the honour."

*************************************************************

The drive here was silent with Ryan and I still to a certain extent asleep but ever since we got here the hustle and bustle hasn't stopped. People pumped up on caffeine and excitement running around the whole place. Ryan being the lucky one got to sit on a couch and drink coffee while I had to prepare my speech and be gawked at for having twice as many I.Q. points as the people around me. Yes my Saturday morning was going great. We had a run through of all the presentations and by the time those ended I was really freaking out. It was three o'clock and I was set to go on in half an hour.

"It's going to be okay" Ryan says trying to reassure me.

"No it's not!" I say

"Yes it.......... well maybe not" Ryan says

I turn to see my mother walking on stage. What was she doing?

"The winner of today's meet and greet is Dan Block" my mother says pretending to be excited.

(AN I don't know if I mentioned this but that's Dan's last name.)

I think I am going to faint. My Dan won a meet and greet with me. The chances are one in four thousand. I didn't even know there was going to be a meet and greet today. It would be just my luck that Dan would win it. It was inevitable; Dan was going to find out today. There was no way of getting around it.

*************************************************************

THANKS FOR READING

REMEMBER

VOTE

COMMENT

READ!!!!!!!!!!!!