Prologue

It was complete terror.

The streets were flooded with fallen bodies, lamp posts were crushed over on the ground, and the sidewalk had been bashed in. Creatures were running down the streets screaming, carrying children in their arms or any personal belongings. There were even several houses throughout the city were caught on fire. This was only the beginning though.

They shined against the gloomy night air, and the red tint that reflected from the flames and blood. Their wings were strong, soft, white, and luminous. However, their soul's cold, twisted, empty, and manipulated. Everyone, regardless of how strong you were, feared the Angels. Their technology, their armies, everything about them was more powerful than you could imagine or hope for. The Angels had nothing to fear, but the Humans.

But the Creatures running down the streets in terror, they aren't humans, they're Demons. And they're being killed by the minute because they have been defending the Human's lives for decades. This night was the grand of all attacks against them, and it will be a devastating night, and years of repair. As the sounds of mothers screaming echoed the streets, four skinny angels stormed through the streets, heading for their only goal of the night, the most important job. They had been asked to perform this act, especially the head of the group, Alistaire. They were the best fighters in the whole nation of Angels, and they were certain that tonight was the night they were going to kill the Demon King, thus crippling the Demon's Nation for good.

At the castle walls, guards were trying their best to fight off the Angels, but there was only so much they could do against the overwhelming numbers. One by one they dropped to their knees, blood spilling from their lips. The castle was now vulnerable, just what Alistaire hoped for. Before he could get through the main doors, they shot open with a surprising amount of force that it sent Alistaire back a few steps and almost off of his feet.

Standing in the entrance stood the King himself, his pale skin shining, cluttered with light blue tattoos around his arms and what seemed like someone had taken a paintbrush and painted it across his eyes, his hair the deepest shade of black that it looked blue in the moonlight. His wings were grand, as dark as his hair; they cascaded from his shoulder blades with great arch. "What do you want with my Kingdom Alistaire?" The King growled to them.

A slight smirk fell onto the dark red haired Angel. "Go in, i'll take care of him. Kill anyone you come across, take anything you need." The other three angels understood his orders and disappeared out of site. Alistaire then gained eye contact with the King, his lips stretched into a wild toothy smile, his eyes sparkled in the moonlight, looking into them it's as if you could see the future.

"You know very well why I'm here." He cackled, his hair danced around his face from the wind that had picked up in its pace. "Thousands of your people are going to be buried soon, funerals will be held, and it looks like you'll be joining them tonight." Alistaire rocked back onto his heels before the King could reply.

Then he lunged forward, his wings picking him up off the ground, his hands grasping a sword, and his eyes wild with anticipation as he narrowed his distance with the King.