Seven.

I get out of bed and do the early morning hygiene rituals but I know I'm still looking like bullshit.

Earnestly, I wonder how teachers actually expect our bodies to function properly the day after Halloween.

Most of us are technically still trying to recover from sugar rush while the rest just didn't sleep early.

I sleep early, though. But I still look like shit and I'm in the mood for a Coke.

When I'm done packing my schoolbag with stationery and rushing over a few undone assignments, I head out of my room.

I notice my yesterday's outfit beside my mirror and I just quickly take it to the attic - where all my past costumes are.

They will probably never be used again . . .

I figure that I'll just walk to school today. I know Jael might not be able to pick me up today.

I should really talk my parents into letting me own a car. Small, not too expensive. I wouldn't even mind if it were beaten up.

Is it wrong of me to believe that I deserve it? I mean . . . I play basketball and still get appreciably good grades.

The first thing I do upon getting to school is eat a few leftover candies that Mom and Dad didn't handover to the trick-or-treating children on our street.

I'm not completely sure I did my assignments properly because I'd rushed over them in the morning so I simply just start looking for Jael.

I'm pretty sure she's got hers covered.

She and Yeshua are at her locker side talking. She's probably talking about drawings again.

After yesterday, I no longer feel uncomfortable around them.

Jael smiles her usual smile upon seeing me. It's hard now to tell if it's genuine since we're now so used to seeing her do that.

I think me and Yeshua are sick of talking to her about it.

Yeshua keeps no definite expression. He's on long sleeves today. It will be sunny and I suppose he doesn't want any breakouts on his white skin.

"Hey guys," I grin. "So what's up?"

"Nothing." Jael shrugs.

"Oh. Okay. Is it okay if I borrow your math for a bit?" I ask nicely.

"Sure . . ." I start to feel like there's more to that sentence.

Jael's never been the kind of person to mean something unkind towards someone.

Is she trying to belittle me in some way I cannot grasp?

She's wearing no hats on her head today. It's weird.

After getting that bad vibe from the both of them, I move forwards and into an empty classroom.

It's not like I can't do my assignments by myself, I just wanted to save a little time.

I decide in my heart that I'm going to make sure that I let Jael know how she made me feel today.

Sitting down and finishing my math, I decide to go through my essays.

I flip open my page and a purple coloured note is what falls out first.

How do you suppose your day will go today?

I frown. I'm sick of these stupid anonymous notes.

I turn around and I find movement behind me.

Oh God.

I get up abruptly and shut the door of the classroom before the entity can make it's way out.

It had been moving so fast, by closing the door I inadvertly broke its momentum, causing it to get slammed in its face by the door.

His face.

"It's you! From the party yesterday!"

The guy with dark hair gets up on his feet and holds his nose, wincing in pain.

Oh no, he hasn't gotten just the right amount of pain yet.

I hold him steady and give him a sharp slap on the face. I give it to him twice.

"Oh my God, you pervert! You've been stalking me and sending crazy, cliché notes."

He stumbles from the slap as his handsome cheek stings from the impact.

"I'm calling my mom and the police!" I scream, taking out my phone.

"Hey!" The guy says, rushing at me with superhuman speed and grabbing my phone.

What the-

How did he-

"I mean you no harm, Renwil Eli. I swear."

"Excuse you?"

He sighs, handing me back my phone.

"Sorry . . . no. I'm not meant to be violent. I'm not meant to behave violent towards you." He is saying this as a murmur to himself, under his breath, like he's meant to be pacifying me but he's pacifying himself instead.

"I was sent to keep watch over you, Renwil. You're in danger."

"Um yes, I am. You have been stalking me for I don't know how long so obviously, I am in danger." I say, matter-of-factly. "Who the freak are you please?"

He opens his mouth to say something, but I interrupt.

"No, sorry, I meant to say who the freak are you and why have you been sending me ominous notes?"

"To be honest, I'm sorry about my methods. That one is on me."

I narrow my eyes now. I'm angry and mad and serious.

"Who are you?"

He senses my fury at his invasion of my privacy. He knows there is a tone to my voice. I know there is a tone to my voice too. I know that I am more than willing to go freaky on this fool because I like my privacy.

"Well," he claps his hands together, "since we know each other one on one now, I guess there is no more use of me using a fake identity. I suppose I will tell you who I am and who I will be to you so that you understand that you are not going to be harmed by me."

"Cut the bullshit."

"My name is Andryc Kaniel. And, I don't know exactly when, but your friends are going to try to do terrible things to you."

My mind goes back to the terrible way Jael talked to me this morning. That's not what he's talking about, like seriously.

"Um?"

"I'm meant to be protecting you, be your guardian for the meantime till you can sort this out and find a solution to the problem that you have caused."

"I . . . caused a problem?" My brow is raised. What is this stranger even talking about. Everybody loves me.

"I don't think you remember clearly, but as at earlier last week you sold the sanity of your friends. I saw it coming. I tried to warn you-"

"What?-"

"And in a few days, if you and I don't take care, you might end up selling yours as well."

Um? The fuck?

~

See you ʕʔ