4. What's in Jacksonville?

"What's going to happen!" Rosalie shouted. She was first to break the silence. My whole family had gathered in our lounge room.

"I suppose it's up to what was exposed of our kind today." Carlisle muttered.

"Nothing was exposed!" I hissed. I leaned against the couch, folding my arms defensively. Jasper and Rosalie were on the same page; both thinking I had taken it too far today, and were standing across the far left of the room. Esme and Carlisle were standing arm in arm, calmly in front of me and Emmett and Alice were standing solitary on the right side of me. Emmett had his arms crossed and Alice stood daintly holding her hands in front of her body.

"This is ridiculous, you're overreacting." I muttered.

"We're not the ones who risked our families reputation today!" Rosalie butted it.

"If it's that big of a deal to you, we can move!"

"I don't want to move! We just got here!"

"Well then I'll move alone. Then Bella won't question today anymore." I explained.

"Edward, I don't think that's the solution. Won't she talk anyway?" Esme asked.

"Whenever something's happened, and I've expected her to say something, she never has. She almost seems disinterested."

"If you move, we all move. We're a family." Carlisle insisted.

"It's too late, you won't have the strength to move away." Alice mumbled. All heads turned to her.

"What?" I asked.

"You won't be able to Edward. There's something that draws you too Bella, even if you don't realise it yet."

"Don't be silly Alice. She's a human, she's not holding me back."

"She is. From now on, you won't be able to live without her." She explained. "I saw it Edward, you and Bella. Today when you saved her from the van, you thought that you needed to stop the van before it spilt her blood, when really, most of the reason was because you care for her so badly."

"Alice, stop, you're speaking nonsense." I hushed.

"Truthfully Edward, when do I ever speak nonsense?" She back spat. I looked around the room.

"Edward, you're going to love her." She spoke. Although we were already perfectly still, it felt as if the whole room had frozen. A low hiss from Rosalie's lips seeped through.

"What!" She growled.

"Edward loves Bella?" I heard Esme say, hints of joy in her voice. Many times had I caught her looking at me and wishing I would find someone to care for. She was unhappy that I didn't love Tanya as she had hoped.

"I don't." I assured her, taking a step forward.

"But you will Edward!" Alice protested with a hint of a smile. "What about at the hospital today! When Carlisle concluded that Bella was completely fine, didn't you relax a little more?" She asked.

"That's a common feeling Alice." I said, and Emmett began to chuckle.

"Yes, but since when do vampires really care that much for a humans safety?" He chimed in. I glared at him. He wasn't helping.

"You won't be able to leave Edward. You'll be too worried that Bella is unprotected if she's alone, and you'll come crawling straight back." I looked up at Esme, who was trying to suppress her smile.

"Edward, you have to understand, with time, she's going to become... one of us." She sighed.

"Absolutely not!" I shouted.