Birthday Mayhem |38|

WARNING: Overwhelming dark and negative thoughts.

——

"What's the point?" Tony had his index finger twirled around a balloon's string. Stephen has been with the Ancient One for 2 hours now. Tony's plans with Stephen were foiled, or so he believed. He untwined his finger and popped the balloon with scissors.

Mobius sat down his UNO cards, he brewed up a confused expression. "It's only been... what? Like two hours? Stephen has family, of course he'd want to spend time with them on his birthday." His eyes darted back to his cards that he picked up.

"Yeah, don't mess with the decor!" Loki hissed, keeping his eyes on his cards. Tony let off a miffed shrug, "It's not like he's going to see it anyway." He murmured to himself, hopelessly.

His friends didn't acknowledge his words, Tony walked into his room with an attitude. He relaxed into his desk chair and turned his phone on.

You have 72 new voicemail

"Fuck..." Tony made a muffle whine while stretching his face. He scrolled through his voicemail, labeling which was more important to hear first. His father called him a couple of times. He clicked on his father's voicemail.

"...Hi, Tony! I want you back here next week, you have so many job opportunities now. And of course, bring your suit. People are going crazy over it! Call me as soon as possible and we'll arrange you a flight."

Tony sunk down from his seat, he did not feel like visiting his father again. He swiped the message away and pushed his phone to the side. He started his computer up and went to his school's website. He scanned his grades, which weren't the best...

He had a 45 in his Psychology class, how is that possible? He sighed into his hands while ruffling his hair. Ever since Gelid, things haven't been going well for Tony. He hasn't been completely honest with Stephen. Horrible audible flashes of Stephen screaming haunts Tony everyday.

It's not just Gelid who put a dent on Tony's mind, his father too. His father isn't physically abusive, but he did say hurtful things to Tony in the past.

What am I doing? I'm seeking attention... I shouldn't be thinking about myself like this. I live a perfect life! I shouldn't be depressed, that's stupid. Everyone loves me, people live way worse than me. Stephen would dump me right away if he knew what was going on inside my head... whatever, I need to make up for my missed Psychology assignments. He thought.

[Note: Feeling depressed isn't seeking attention, this is how Tony feels.]

He took a fresh piece of paper out to answer questions that were assigned online for his class. He stared at the blank piece of paper... his mind was empty, he didn't know what to write. The questions were right in front of his face, but he zoned out. He couldn't focus on the answers.

Stop it you idiot. You need to do your work, stop thinking about that... this is Stephen's day! You're so selfish, you don't deserve him. You should just- STOP! What am I doing to myself!?

Tony needed a break, a break from his work that he didn't even start. He stood up from his seat and hugged himself, he didn't know why his mind was attacking him. He felt safer around people, his thoughts attacked him less.