Chapter 20

Previously

Just as I was paying I heard a huge BANG!!!
Suddenly I got a sick feeling in my stomach. Please no I prayed.
I turned around, pulled down on the handle of the door and my world collapsed.
"Ellie!!!!!!!!...

Katie's POV

I ran over to my now ruined car and looked through the window. Ellie sat there , her head tilted back and blood dripping from her nose. I pulled open the door
"Ellie!!! Can you hear me??!?!! " I screamed. No response...
I quickly rushed my phone out of my bag dialling 999.

A women picked up. "Hello, what's you emergency" she asked
"My friends been hit by a car, I need an ambulance, quickly!!!"
"Ok don't panic were sending one right over" I heard the sirens through the phone
"Is she still breathing?" The lady asked
"Yes but she's unconscious"
"Where are you at now?" She said
I told her were we were and what had happened.
I grabbed onto Ellie's hand and held it tight.
"Come on Ellie, open your eyes...please" tears began to slip from my eyes as she stayed still, the only thing I could here was the thumping of her heart against her chest.
About 2 minutes later I could see the ambulances.
"Over here!!" I waved
They got out a stretcher and slowly lifted her up onto it securing her head, making sure she was breathing.
"Would you like to ride with us?" The driver asked
"Please" I could bearly say. My eyes red from all the tears, my throat dry as a desert and my head founding from all the million of thoughts going through my head.

I jumped into the ambulance, sitting beside Ellie, keeping her hand close to me.
5 minutes later we were parking at the hospital and they carried Ellie on the stretcher rushing her into a room.
"We would prefer if you could stay outside just for a few minutes so we could check everything's ok and secure her"
"Ok" I whispered putting her hand gently by her side.

I quickly took my phone out and dialled jakes number.

"Hello?" I asked not sure if he had picked up or not

"Hey Katie, whats up?"he said, he sounded like he had just fallen asleep.

"Sorry didn't mean to wake you but it's important." I said

"What's happened?, Is Ellie ok?" I heard shuffling in the back ground.

"No she's been in a car accident, I'm at the hospital now waiting for them to let me into her room." I said

"What?!?!!!, How???, I'm on my way, be there in 5." he said and the line went dead.

I paced around the hall Waiting. They've been about 5 minutes in there but it seems like hours. The longer they take the harder it's getting for me to keep my tears back. I'm already getting sniffly.

Suddenly someone burst through the doors. I turned to look and saw Jake looking a mess.

He wore sweats pants and a loose t-shirt, his hair all over the place and tear stains left on his face which made it obvious he was crying. He ran over to me, more tear slipping from his eyes. I lost it, I began to cry. He cuddled me close.
"Ssshhh, she's gonna be ok" he said rubbing my back soothingly.
"I hope so"i said quietly
He pulled away from the hug
"Which way?"
"Down the corridor first door to the right."
He nodded and began to run.
As he was about to turn he stopped.
"You coming?he asked me
"Yh sorry, still abit in shock" I caught up with him.
Without knocking Jake barged into the room. All heads of the doctors turned our way.
"Who are you" one of the doctors asked. His badge read Dr Colin.
"I'm Ellie's best friend and Jake here is her boyfriend"
"Mhmm" Dr Colin said
"Well could you step outside for 2 minutes until we're finished" he asked in a not very nice tone.
"Listen here Mr Colin or whatever your name is, my girlfriend is lying in a hospital bed not yours so hurry the hell up will you" Jake yelled at the dr