67

"I hope this is important," I mutter as I step inside Harry's office, hearing him chuckling behind me before the door closes. I have been running around the whole day because of the stupid celebration and apparently, Carter is one of the planners for it.

So you can imagine how much he's been pestering me all day, making offensive jokes towards me and in all honesty just making me uncomfortable, which also means that I'm a little moodier than usual.

"It's a pretty big deal," Harry states confidently, motioning to his desk and smiling faintly as we walk closer to it before he clasps his hands behind his back.

I furrow my eyebrows as I grab a rectangular box that was on top of his desk, side glancing at him as he raises his eyebrows excitedly before grinning.

"You did not." I gasp after opening it, watching as he walks closer to me and wraps both of his arms around my waist before kissing my cheek while I stare at what's in front of me in shock.

Inside the box, there's a brown satin dress almost as if staring back at me with thin straps and a slit on the side along with a small note on the side in Harry's handwriting.

For you, ma chérie.

"You even drew a heart," I tease playfully before setting the box down before turning around in his hold and wrapping my arms around his neck, "you didn't have to do this."

"Of course I don't have to but it doesn't mean that I don't want to." He mutters against the skin of my neck where he begins pressing light kisses before holding me closer to him.

I breathe out as my muscles seem to finally relax after everything I did throughout the day before I kiss his cheek and laugh as he grabs me by my hips to sit me on his desk.

"I heard today's not a good day." He presses a kiss to my lips, his sentence sounding more like a question than a statement and I cup his jaw with my hand while nodding.

"I'm exhausted, and Hazel's monthday is tomorrow so I still have to buy her something today," I explain briefly, watching as he reaches for my hand and intertwines our fingers while his lips curl upwards in the slightest.

"I'll go with you." He grins, kissing my lips twice before leaving a trail of kisses down my neck and biting my shoulder playfully while I run a hand through his hair.

He straightens his back to look at me but as soon as he opens his mouth, the door of his office bursts open and we turn to look at the intruder, Harry rolling his eyes at the sight of Zayn.

"Why is Carter bossing me around? I thought that was your job." He furrows his eyebrows while I attempt to stand up but Harry keeps his hands on my hips so that I stay still and Zayn sets his hands on his hips.

"He's one of the people responsible for the party tonight," Harry informs him with furrowed eyebrows, keeping his stare on Zayn while he shakes his head.

"This guy is getting on my nerves, I might punch him today." Zayn runs his fingers through his hair before leaning his waist on Harry's desk a little far away from me.

"It's understandable but please don't," Harry states, a small smile curving on his lips amusingly as Zayn groans while crossing his arms over his chest frustratingly.

"Why is he even one of the responsible ones?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows getting off from Harry's desk so I'm standing next to him instead and Harry lets out a sigh.

"He's been working here for so long and he's always been responsible for these types of things, I couldn't just not let him do that again." He explains briefly and Zayn snickers with a shake of his head before rolling his eyes and Harry tilts his head at his reaction.

"Yes, you could," Zayn affirms with a fake smile spreading on his lips, "honestly Eve, what kind of boyfriend do you have?!"

Zayn's statement causes Harry to huff, wrapping both of his arms around me to pull me into him gently while playfully glaring at Zayn. "For your information, I'm a great boyfriend."

"Sometimes."

Harry widens his eyes at my assertion while Zayn lets out a loud laugh before patting Harry's shoulder and leaving as if he wasn't the one who started this, a smirk on his lips before he closes the door.

I try not to laugh as Harry cups my cheek with one hand, his eyebrows furrowed as I smile at him before setting my hands on his shoulders. "What do you mean sometimes?"

"I was just kidding mon chéri." I snicker as he arches an eyebrow suspiciously before narrowing his eyes and tilting his head while I take his hands off of me, causing him to furrow his eyebrows.

"That wasn't funny." He says slowly, eyebrows furrowed before I step away from him with a laugh just as a knock on the door is heard and we both frown at each other.

It isn't Zayn for sure, Zayn doesn't knock.

"Mr.Styles, I was wondering if you've seen Evelyn." I hear Carter's voice from the other side and feel instant dread taking over my mind.

Harry glances at me before clearing his throat while I start walking towards the door until he grabs my wrist to pull me back. "No, I'm afraid I haven't."

I widen my eyes, setting a hand on his chest as he wraps one arm around my waist with a grin out of amusement while I raise my eyebrows at him. "Harry, you can't say that."

"I'll look for her somewhere else." I hear from outside the door, footsteps fading away right after and Harry lets out a laugh at my shocked face before he presses a kiss to my lips.

"You're acting as if you didn't like this." He chuckles before I look back at the door before wrapping my arms around his neck to pull him closer before shaking my head.

"I did! But you can't lie like that." I mutter with raised eyebrows while he shrugs faintly before pulling me closer to him with a smile.

"I can sometimes when it's needed."

I let out a laugh at his words, kissing his lips twice before escaping from his hold and looking behind my shoulder to see his reaction, rolling my eyes as he crosses his arms like a child.

"I'm going to take the opportunity to get things done while Carter isn't there, leave me alone." I pat his shoulder briefly before he steps closer to kiss my cheek, a smirk on his lips as he does so.

"I can't wait to see you tonight, ma chérie."

Sort of a filler chapter but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless! School started so I'm sorry for the slow updates♡