Coming Home

💝Please COMMENT & VOTE💝

Riele

Riele stepped out of the limo and made her way up the steps of the Downs mansion, still feeling a little nervous. Reaching the front door, she was greeted by the head butler, Julian.

"Good evening, Ms. Downs. Welcome home" Julian bowed to her with a warm smile.

"Good evening, uncle J. How are you?" Riele returned the smile. Julian, or as Riele liked to call him, uncle J has been working for the Downs family ever since Riele was a kid.

"I'm good, Miss. Your father is waiting for you in his office" He informed her as he and the under butler went to get her luggage from the limo.

Going to her father's office, Riele gave a tentative knock and opened the door before walking in hesitantly. "Hi, dad"

Looking up from his files, Joseph's face lit up like a thousand stars when he saw his daughter.

"Sweetheart?" A happy grin appeared on his lips as he crossed the room in a few quick strides and gathered his baby girl in a loving embrace. "Oh, how I've missed you"

"I missed you too, daddy" Riele couldn't stop the tears of joy that had managed to escape from her eyes. She really did miss her dad.

Pulling back, he smiled at his daughter as he stroked her hair gently. "How are you, babygirl?"

Riele opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by Irene. "Oh Riele, I'm so glad you're home!" She spoke in an extra cheerful tone causing Riele to squint her eyes suspiciously.

Irene then turned to her husband and smiled sweetly. "Dinner will be ready in ten minutes, honey" She pecked his lips and left.

Riele didn't miss the smug smirk Irene gave her before leaving the room and knew she was up to something. Riele then went up to her bedroom and took a quick shower and got dressed. By the time she walked into the dining hall, her father and Irene were already seated at the table. Giving her father a side hug, Riele sat down as her meal was placed before her.

"So, Riele, how was Paris?" Irene inquired, feigning interest.

"It was good" Riele gave her a tight lipped smile and continued to eat her food.

"Everything okay, Sweetheart?" Joseph inquired with concern because he could see that she was upset about something.

"Ahh yes, dad, it's just...." Riele took a deep breath and looked up at her father. "Why did you ask me to come home all of a sudden, dad?" She asked him.

Joseph and Irene exchanged a glance before Irene spoke up. "Oh, your father is hosting a party to celebrate the grand opening of our new hotel!" She said, unable to hide the excitement in her voice and that made Riele even more curious because Irene was not the type of person to get excited over something like that.