Chapter Thirty Nine~ Mereoleona

The announcements ceremony ended and Y/N with her childhood friends along with their respective spirit have a conversation with the Wizard King.

They are inside the Magic Knight Headquarters and the ash blond felt quite disappointed at himself for the way he behaved earlier.

Asta finally realizes what he had done wrong.

"Wizard King. I'm sorry for making the King mad earlier!" Asta apologizes as he bowed down in front of him.

"You should apologize to us, too. We almost got executed because of you" Yuno stated, matter a factly.

"Since you two wish to become the Wizard King, the Royal Knights will be a chance for you to achieve even greater things" The Wizard King told the two boys. 

Julius then turned to Y/N, who was currently eating the little snacks from a small table.

"Y/N even though you don't desire to be the Wizard King. This is a chance for you to show what you could do, and tell the people who you are. This will allow you to show off your power to them, which isn't a bad idea. Perhaps you know what I'm referring too..." Julius finished with a closed eye smile.

Y/N knew what he meant, He wanted her to flaunt her magical power and the truth about her being the daughter of mana. So then, Everyone could see her worth.

Maybe in that way, they will some how consider her an asset.

"But while you three may be amazing, you're still rookies. Plenty of tough veterans are going to show up for the selection test. Tougher than you've ever seen..."Julius reminded.

"Bring it on!" Asta exclaimed with a fist pump.

"If we fail, it just means that we weren't up to the task." Yuno stated nonchalantly.

" Please, it will be an easy task" Y/N added with a confident smirk.

"Go forward, without getting full of yourselves. I'll be waiting for you..." The Wizard King said softly, satisfied with their determination. He turned on his heels and decided to leave the three.

Their footsteps are the only sound that can be heard in the Headquarters.

Y/N stood up straight and focused on the burning torch that glowed in the dark pathway they walk in. 

Asta is the one leading the way followed by Y/N and Yuno.

" Do you want to explore the Star festival for awhile?" Yuno asked the female with a blush coating his cheeks.

The white haired female glances at him from over her shoulder as he lips turn into a smile.

"Sure" She agreed.

Asta perked up after hearing that and immediately stops in his tracks to glare at his childhood friends. 

"Hey! Why did you ask Y/N and not me?! Are you planning to leave me behind!" Asta scoffed.

The ash blond didn't like the idea of Yuno being alone with Y/N.

"Yes I do plan on leaving you behind" Yuno shrugged making the other male stare at in him disbelief. 

"Is that the way you treat someone you grew up with for sixteen years You handsome jerk face!!" Asta pointed a finger at him.

"Asta" Y/N sighed, placing a hand on top of his head, " We will all go the Star Festival together, Ok."

Asta looked at her with a blush on his cheeks.

" Y/N...Wil you marr-"

"No".