Chapter 9

To their surprise, they found a body table in one of the rooms in the bunker. Wearing only sweatpants and a tee, Faith laid against the table, Sam and Dean strapping her ankles and wrists in. Cass had pulled up a chair next to her along with a small table. On that table was a scalpel, forceps, a retractor, and a crap load of vials.

"Hellfire resides in both sides of your brain," Cass explained, "so I'll have to extract it from both sides of your body along with the demon blood."

"You're not going to crack her head open are you," Dean asked.

"No," Cass answered, "I'm only to operate on her arms. Whatever remains of Sam's demon blood will be dumped and I'll add the purified human blood back into your system when you're human."

"We have purified blood," Faith asked.

"We had some left over from when we were curing Dean," Sam answered.

"Right," Faith said quietly.

Cass sighed, "we should get started. Once I start, I can't stop otherwise your hellfire will build itself up again."

Faith nodded and looked to her brothers, "will you stay with me?" They both nodded. Cass sighed and picked up the scalpel. He looked to her before cutting into her left arm. Faith's breathing increased as he finished the cut. Using the retractor, Cass pulled the skin apart to reveal muscle and veins. Faith groaned in pain as he used the forceps to keep the wound open. Blood started to drip off of her arm and onto the ground as Cass grabbed a vial.

He looked at her once more, "this is the most painful part."

"Do it," she hissed. Cass nodded before his eyes turned blue. He brought his hand up to her arm and the brothers watched as Faith's hellfire traveled into the vial.

That was when the screaming began. It was more excruciating than when Alastair plunged acid into her veins. She felt like her skull was being ripped apart. Her brothers flinched at the sound of her screams, making them miserable as well.

This continued for six more hours. Faith's screams turned into loud sobs as Castiel continued to pull the hellfire and demon blood out of her system.

Sam and Dean had both left the room well after the first half hour. They couldn't bear to watch their sister writhe in pain. They tried to find the room farthest away from her screams, but there was no point. They could hear her screams anywhere in the bunker.

When Sam looked down at his watch and realized it had been six hours, the ground started to shake. He got up from his bed and looked around. Maybe it was an earthquake, but it never is. He rushed out of his room and found Dean in the hall.

"It's Faith," Dean yelled as he ran down to the room where Faith was.

Sam followed, running behind his brother, until they got to the room. Cass was standing next to Faith, his face surprised. Sam and Dean walked around to their sister and found that her eyes were glowing blue like an angel's.

"It's done," Cass said to them, "she's an angel." Sam and Dean looked over at the table and found 10 vials of hellfire and blood each. Faith's eyes closed, never opening again.

Her breathing had returned to normal, but she was unconscious. On the ground on both sides of the table were puddles of blood.

"This part will be easier and quicker," Cass said, "I'll just pull the grace from her system and put it into mine. I'll start her blood transfusions after that."

"No more screaming," Sam asked.

"No more screaming," Cass agreed.

"Hang on a second guys," Dean said. They both turned to Dean. "Faith said that she owed Crowley a favor," Dean said, "If we do this, then Crowley will be beyond pissed."