Chapter 10 - I Don't Want You To Go

Chapter 10 - I Don’t Want You To Go

Los Angeles, California

            Jake turned to peer at Cooper who was still asleep. The battle was raging and Marcus just took down another demon that broke through the staircase. Zeke, holding two smaller blades Zeke spun around slicing a demon in two. Kayla held up a small handgun and shot one as it ran down the hallway. James gripped another demon by the neck and through it against the wall. The group would soon be overwhelmed.

            James sped down the broken hallway hitting one of the demons through a wall then he spun around and Zeke sliced a demon about to pounce on him. Suddenly, a demon came from nowhere and ripped a hole in Zeke’s gut. Zeke dropped to his knees. Marcus, in his wolf form, leapt forward ripping the demon’s jugular out and landing guarding Zeke’s body. Emily Lee stood looking over Cooper and Walt; she put a hand on Soraya.

“How much longer?” Emily shouted. “We are running out of time.” She looked at her exhausted friends.

“I don’t know,” Soraya held her hands over the two. “I can’t see Cooper anymore, there is this thick fog.”

A demon sped towards Jake ready to pounce when suddenly; some large windows near the elevator shook and burst open. A huge gust of wind blew all the demons into the walls knocking them out. The crew turned to the broken window where a boy with wings landed.

            “Are you a…” Jake began.

            “Angel, no but I am a friend and I am here to help.” Ford smiled and walked over to Cooper asleep in the spirit circle. “Looks like you guys needed it. How is he doing in there?” Ford reached out and ran his hand through Cooper’s hair smiling sweetly at the man.

            “We don’t know.” Soraya whispered.

            “Okay, well, let’s keep out here safe. I am going to circle the building from the outside.” Ford ran towards the window and leapt his wings stretching out and giving him lift into the air.

***

The Spirit Realm

            The Apkallu walked down the warped city street, which melted back into a rainforest type jungle. “So this is it, where it all ends.” Apkallu smirked and threw out his arm. “I created you.”

            “Uncle, you are very wrong.” Walt shook his head. “You created a story around me. You might have opened that gate but what came out of it was so much more than you could have imagined.”

            “Don’t you speak to me like that boy,” Apkallu pulled out an obsidian blade from his robes and pointed it at Walt. Walt dashed forward grabbing the Apkallu’s arm and twisting it. The blade dropped to the ground and Walt grabbed it stabbing the Apkallu in the stomach.

            Cooper didn’t want to wait and see what would happen, he needed to get out of this forest so Walt wouldn’t have the home field advantage. Hurrying into the rainforest, Cooper sped quickly through the trees. Abruptly, the forest thinned and Cooper found himself on the edge of a desert. He looked at the expanse and kept running. The sand blew away from beneath his feet revealing a long stretch of road. It was all surreal and Cooper felt confused and continued to walk as a thick fog engulfed him. Continuing down the road a man on horseback emerged from the fog. The man looked down at Cooper. Cooper instantly recognized the man from a grayed photograph he had seen earlier.