Best friend and something else

Lalisa is my best friend and protector. Ever since kindergarten we've been friends. We met in school and have since then never left each other's life. As much as she annoyed me with her decisions in life, I was always a call away for her. Until she got involved with some 'cool kids' in school, our time together was cut shorter and shorter until it was non-existent at this point. We were already about to start our second year of college, I've moved on from her and her ways, if she didn't want to be friends, then I can do that too. I was fed up with her antics, she was almost always drunk even if it was a school day. I wondered now if I should still invite her to my debut party. Turning 18 years old was a hassle, I had to plan all of these things in a matter of a few months. Make it perfect and memorable when all I wanted was to stay home and lounge around my room, maybe watch a series from Netflix. First year, second term are almost over and I've heard that Lisa had already dropped or failed a couple of subjects. I can't help it because I was helping our professors check some papers and I can't help but overhear that Lisa was at an all time low with the professors. Almost every professor hated her and her smug demeanor.

I almost wanted to butt in and tell them, I hated what she's become too. That I get she's upset with her Dad cheating on her mother and her mother finally breaking free and finding another man to love. Uncle Marco loved Lisa truly as if he was her own Father. The big Santa Clause of a man that he is turns into a puddle when it comes to Lisa. Lisa had him wrapped around her fingers, giving in on almost every one of Lisa's whims. This was a long time ago, her mother and father separated first when she was 8 years old, then got divorced when she was 12. While I understood her pain, I don't understand why she always had to resort to drinking even if all these things are in the past and there was nothing she could do to stop both parents.

It was the weekend before our finals, I was studying in my room and preparing for the final exams and at the same time planning my 18th Birthday Party. Things like who to invite and who not to invite and such. I had other friends aside from Lisa, true friends that never left me even if the going gets tough. I was still mulling over whether I'd invite Lisa or not when my room's door opened and when I turned back to see who it was, it was her. My best friend Lisa smiling like there wasn't anything wrong. Like our friendship still existed. My brows furrowed into a frown at her pressence.

"You can't barge in to my room and my life as if nothing ever happened, get the fuck out of my house now." I screamed at her.

"Hold your horses will you? I'm here to apoligize, I've been busy." She said calmly and entered my room and laid on my bed.

"Come here." She said.

I was not going to fall for her antics now, I shook my head no and stayed rooted from where I am standing.

"No. Please get out of my house and never come back again. You are not welcome anymore in this house." I replied to her.

She looked at me, hurt with all of the words I just said. She approached me and I backed away. I can smell her breath wreaking of alcohol. My nose scrunched up at the smell and was almost about to throw up. Apart from alcohol, she also smelled of cigarettes.

"Come on, Rosé. Just cuddle me please." She said her words a little slurred.

"I don't want to and I never want to cuddle with you ever again. You lost that privilege when you started to ditch me." I said, my words are laced with venom and pain if being betrayed and left alone.

"Please?" She said taking another two steps in front of me and I backed away two more steps until my back hit the wall.

She saw this and took me by the waist shielding my back from the wall. I pushed her away naturally.