Chapter 23

A/N: I am done editing the whole book lol. And, one more chapter left until this book is finished 😢 I can't wait to write the second one tho! I hope you all will like it

Y/N POV:

When we get to the academy we see everything was destroyed and on fire. It looks the same as it did the day Five and I got stuck in the future. I see everyone standing on the leftover rubble of the academy. Bricks and all of our furniture were all destroyed. Everyone was there except Vanya, Mom, and Pogo. I can tell by the look on everyone's faces what happened. Mom and Pogo were gone and Vanya did this. But how? She isn't capable of something like this.

"Guys. This is it. The apocalypse is still on. The world ends today," Five says as we walk over to our siblings.

He takes my hand and helps me over some bricks.

"I thought you two said it was over," Luther says as he steps over some old furniture.

"We were wrong, okay? This newspaper, I found it in the future the day we got stuck. The headline hasn't changed," Five says as shows everyone the newspaper.

"No, that doesn't mean anything. The time could've been altered since that newspaper came out this morning," Diego says as he shakes his head.

"You're not listening to me! When we found it, we assumed this place came down along with everything else. But here we are. The Moon's still shining, the Earth is in one piece, but not the Academy!"

"I'm confused," Klaus says as he takes the newspaper from Five.

"Then listen to us, you idiot! Vanya destroys the Academy before the apocalypse. We thought Harold Jenkins was the cause, but he was the fuse. Vanya is the bomb. Vanya causes the apocalypse," I say.

"We have to find her," Luther says.

We hear helicopters flying over us and their lights flashing on us. We also hear police sirens in the distance.

"We gotta go, now. Regroup at the Super Star. Go," Luther says.

I grab Five's hand and he blinks us to the Super Star.

☂   ♡   ☂   ♡   ☂   ♡   ☂   ♡

We were all currently sitting at the Super Star talking about what just happened. Apparently, Vanya has powers and was the one who cut Allison's throat. She destroyed the academy with her powers and also killed Pogo and Mom. I wouldn't be surprised if she killed Harold too. Luther said that Pogo told him that Vanya has always had powers but Dad hid them from us and her because they were too dangerous. I understand now what he meant by dangerous. Oh, and her powers have something to do with manipulating sound waves and converting them into energy, something like that. I don't really know, Luther isn't good at explaining stuff.

"Look, I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare," Luther says.

"For what?" Diego asks.

"To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya."

Allison looks at Luther and hits him with her notepad.

"I... We may not have a choice, Allison!"

"Bullshit. There's always options," Diego says.

"Yeah, like what?" Five asks.

"I don't know."

"Look, whatever we decide, we need to find Vanya," Luther says as he gets up.

I was starting to get nervous and bouncing my leg up and down. Five notices and puts his hand on my thigh to help me calm down. I look at him and give him a small smile. He rubs circles on my thigh with his thumb and gives me a small smile back in return.