Chapter 1

Prologue:

On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

He got eight of them.

The thing about these kids is that they all have special abilities. In the superpower sense to be exact. For example:

Number One (Luther): Has Super Strength

Number Two (Diego): Can manipulate thrown objects in the air. He is most skilled with knives.

Number Three (Allison): Can rumor anyone to do anything.

Number Four (Klaus): Can conjure the dead.

Number Five (Five): Can jump through time and space.

Number Six (Ben): Can release tentacles from his stomach.

Number Seven (Vanya): Vanya didn't have powers. She was just... Ordinary.

And Number Eight (Y/n): Y/n's powers consist of three different things. The first power is telekinesis. The ability to move things with her mind. But telekinesis came with two more powers. The second power is telepathy. She can read people's minds and talk to them in their minds. Her last power is probably the most useful. She can access and scramble electrical signals in the brain. This can make people temperately lose their memory (most of the time it's only for a few seconds). She calls this rebooting.

So, he adopted these kids to train them to fight the end of the world. Typically, when you think about someone adopting kids you think about a loving home, a loving family, having parents who cared for them. But, that was not the case for these kids. Their so-called 'Father' didn't care about them. He didn't take them to see movies or go to the park with them, he cared about two things and two things only.

Their powers and the fame.

17 years ago:

"In five, four, three, two...This is Jim Hellerman, reporting live for Channel 2 News outside of the Capital West bank at Main and Sixth. A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not three hours ago and took an unknown number of hostages."

"Hey, get them behind the counter," A robber yells to his partners in crime. Screams of terror fills the bank as the robber points his gun at the hostage.

The two other robbers do what he says and move their hostages behind a counter.

"Now you've put me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do. Hmm!"

The robber looks around the bank at his unorganized mess.

"Shit!"

As the robber was looking around a girl comes up behind the him, smiling while walking with her hands behind her back. Her curly hair bouncing as she walks. She walks up to the robber and taps his arm.

"Hey, get back with the others," The robber tells her.

"I heard a rumor," she whispers.

"What? What did you say?"

The girl smiles and walks up closer to the man. She cups her left cheek and leans in.

"I heard a rumor...that you shot your friend in the foot."

The man's eyes turned white as he turns towards one of the robbers. He loads his gun and looks at the robber's foot.

"Hey what the hell man?"