a decision to make

We all got to the castle that now belonged to our beloved Caspian the tent, now I could admire the castle and its beauty, considering we weren't fighting for our lives now. It's an incredible castle and even it didn't change at all but knowing that it belongs to the Narnians now, it gave me a warm feeling. When we arrived we all got installed in a chamber, I had this huge ass bedroom filled with extraordinary furniture. It was stunning, I don't know why but I could actually feel at home in this castle. Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door "Come in!" I said it was Truffelhunter who entered "Maria, Aslan has questioned a meeting with you in the gardens." "Okay, I'll be right there! Thank you!" "You're welcome!" he yelled once he got out of my room. I quickly changed into some pants with a nice blouse and got downstairs, when I walked towards the gardens there was this pit growing in my stomach.

What would Aslan want to ask me?

Once I saw the lion looking at me with his friendly expression, all my worries disappeared. "Hey, big angry cat." I said as walked up to him "Hello, my dear warrior, how are you?" "I'm good, I'm happy this is all over and that we won. Is there something you want to talk about?" "Yes, there actually is my dear one. It's time to leave Narnia and Susan and Peter will never come back after they left." "What?!" I said with teary eyes. "Calm down my dear one, you'll have a choice to make, a choice your siblings don't have. Stay here with the love of your life or go back with your family." "Woah, that's an impossible choice! How am I ever going to be able to choose between these two?!" " I know Maria, you still have some time left to make this decision and think good about it because you'll only have one shot at choosing." "Okay, I need some time alone to think now." "I'll leave you to it." He said as he walked out of the gardens leaving me alone. I fell onto the grass and started sobbing, I didn't know how I was ever going to be able to choose between them. I'm madly in love with Caspian, I want to be with him for the rest of my life but I can't leave my family behind.

What will they think of me when I leave them?!

I was pulled from my thoughts by the voice I loved the most in this whole world "Maria, there you are! I've been searching for you for hours! I-" he looked at me and saw my teary eyes and my with tears stained cheeks "Maria? What's the matter? Talk to me" "Aslan told me, that my siblings have to leave Narnia and that I have to choose between them and you, knowing that if I stay I would never see Peter and Susan again because they will never return here." "Calm down Maria, I know you'll make the right choice and whatever you chose I will support you. Know that if you stay that this will be your home and that these will be your people." "Thanks Cas, I will consider every option but I will not tell you my decision until after your coronation." He nodded "And your coronation," he said smiling "What are you talking about?" "I talked with Aslan and told him about all the things you did for the Narnians, we both agreed you're capable of leading people so we agreed that you should be crowned High Queen." "I beg your pardon? Cas, I'm not worthy of that title and besides, I don't want you to share your spotlight. Tomorrow it's your time to shine, you deserve to be crowned king after everything you've done for your people." Caspian shook his head " Maria when are you going to understand?" I looked at him confused, he continued " You're more worthy of that title than anyone I know, you literally gave your life for Narnia! I'm honoured to be crowned king next to the woman that I love with my whole heart." I looked at him with teary eyes, I had to fight with every cell in my body not to start crying again.

Oh man, I love this prince

He cupped my face and kissed me on the forehead "I love you princess", I looked up to him into his warm brown eyes "I love you too Cas, more than you'll ever know." We shared a passionate long kiss after we pulled away I laid my head on his shoulder and I started thinking about the choice I have to make.

After laying there for several hours and watching the sunset together with the man I love, we decided it was time to go to bed. I was still feeling down and I was sure that I would not be able to sleep tonight, unless... "Hey, Cas?" I said as we walked to our chambers "Can I sleep with you tonight? I can always put my mind to rest when I'm with you. I understand if you say n-" "Of course you can princess" he smiled softly at me. "Thanks, lead the way, my prince." We walked towards his chamber and when I entered I stood there in awe, it was beautiful. In the middle of the room, there was a bed decorated with gorgeous details in gold. I walked over to a portrait on the wall, it was quite intriguing. It was a painting of a man that resembled to Caspian "Is this your father?" I asked brushing my hand against the painting. "Yes, he is my father. I really miss him at moments like this, I wish he could see me now." "I know he would be proud of you Cas, he would be the proudest person on earth. He's watching over you Cas, he will never leave your side and he has never left it." "Thank you, Maria, you're the best thing that happened to me. I love you and I'll never stop loving you, you're the only thing I need." "So are you Cas, I can't believe I found my shot at true love. I will love you till the end of times." We were both looking at the painting now, he hugged me from behind and putted his head on my shoulder. I could stand there for hours, after some time he grabbed my waist and turned me around so I was facing him. We kissed long and passionately, it was like everything around us disappeared and we were alone on the earth. As we pulled away we hugged and buried our heads in each other's necks, we started swinging softy. "I love you so much" I whispered in his ear " I love you too, Princess. Let's head to bed, tomorrow it's our big day." I nodded and we both got in the bed, I cuddled up next to him. I laid my head on his chest as he was stroking my hair, after some time I slowly drifted asleep.