Chapter 19: Ungraceful host... Her voice

*This is her fighting outfit for the rest of the book! Long Chapter ahead!*

As they neared Minas Tirth, Asteria could feel darkness close; it was overpowering, she hoped whatever strength she had that it would help them

As they neared Minas Tirth, Asteria could feel darkness close; it was overpowering, she hoped whatever strength she had that it would help them. They gallop through the city until they reach the topmost level. They stopped in front of a huge white hall. As they walked towards the door to meet with the steward, they passed a dead white tree. Pippin calls out "It's the tree! Asteria! Gandalf!" he said as he ran to catch up to Asteria's side. "Yes the white tree of Gondor. The tree of the King. Lord Denethor however, is not the King. He is a steward only, a caretaker of the throne." Gandalf stated at he stopped the door turning to face them "Now listen carefully. Lord Denethor is Boromir's father. To give him news of his beloved son's death would be most unwise. And do not mention Frodo or the Ring. And say nothing of Aragorn either. In fact, it's better if you don't speak at all Peregrin Took." He said to the hobbit as his attention turned to Asteria "Put on your hood and do not speak as well. He will not take kindly to elves especially an elf maiden" Gandalf said to Asteria who nodded in understanding as she did as she was told.

As the doors opened, they walked through the massive hall approaching the throne where a man sits in a seat at the base of the steps of the throne. "Hail Denethor son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor" the man was hunched over an object in his hands; sad, Asteria could sense the turmoil in this man's heart, it was darkening. "I come with tidings in this dark hour and with counsel" Gandalf continued as the man looked up with a sad scowl on his face "Perhaps you come to explain this.." he says as he raised a broken horn; Asteria's realization hit and saw it was Boromir's horn. Her heart lurched in pain remembering that the last time she saw him, he was defending them and Aragorn telling her that he passed.

"Perhaps you have come to tell me why my son is dead!" Denethor said in anger as Pippin pushed past Asteria and Gandalf with Asteria trying to stop him "Boromir died to save us my kinsman, a fellow companion and me. He fell defending us from many foes" he says as he approaches the throne and kneels down "Pippin.." she said softly as it drew Denethor's attention "Would that companion be a woman... who hides herself in my presence" he said spitefully as Asteria looked at Gandalf who nodded at her. She stepped forward a bit taking her hood off; Denethor scowled seeing that she was an elf and a woman before Pippin spoke again "I offer you my service, such as it is in payment of this debt."